Can anytime dining get booked out?

Paul+3kids

Hey guys,

We booked a cruise on the Star in October and requested a traditional early seating but we have been put on the waitlist.

What I want to know is if we wait to try to get into the early seating, and we dont get in, is it possible that we wont be able to get into Anytime dining either? and then get stuck with the late traditional seating?

I really do not want to be eating dinner at 8:30 each night!

Also any one know if it is easier to get a table for 2 in anytime dining compared to traditional?

Cheers

Paul

Hi there - We live in Melbourne too - and have travelled on Star. It was great! We also like Anytime Dining, but I think you will find it very hard to get a table for 2 before 8.30 -maybe some others will add to this discussion.

We did find a table for 2 on one (Diamond of Saphire can't recall) as the early diners who used it, ate and ran each night, and our waiter did not have anyone booked for the 8.30pm, but that was really a lucky break for us, as we never encountered this again on the five cruises so far with Princess.

We live in Eltham - how about you?

oops - forgot to mention. Of course, Anytime Dining gives you ample opportunity to try all the restaurants on the ship at whatever time you prefer.

My suggestion is to check the dining rooms for a 2 or 4 table (they will not put anyone with you on a 4 if not under pressure) - if nothing available, then try out one of the many other options.

One downfall on this is that on formal nights - you have no set place to go to enjoy being spoiled.

You can always get a table at 5:30 if you want to eat early.. We just got off the Emerald and we didn't have a problem. If you wish to eat a little later try sharing a large table. One time we were told it woud be a 40 minute wait but in 10 minutes our pager went off.

What I want to know is if we wait to try to get into the early seating, and we dont get in, is it possible that we wont be able to get into Anytime dining either? and then get stuck with the late traditional seating?

You won't have a problem getting a table in Anytime.

No worries I am sure if you don't your first dining choice you will be given anytime Dining if that is your second choice. If you have a TA perhaps they can help ensure that is your default before you leave on your voyage?

If you do get placed in anytime I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :)

Since you like to eat early, you shouldn't have any problems since the dining room is just filling up at 6PM. It's when you like to eat later that you could run into problems with long waits. If you're flexible and willing to eat at a table with others, you shouldn't have any problem at all going at the earlier time to the Anytime dining room.

Effigy, were from Cranbourne. Its not often you see people from melbourne on these boards. I hope there will be a few aussies on our trip in October.

Were not too bothered about eating with other people in anytime dining, we were just worried about having to sit with the same people every night for 30 nights in traditional seating. Im sure 90% of the time the people you sit with would be fine, but nowing our luck we would get seated with someone really annoying for the whole cruise!

Thanks for your advice guys, i will tell me TA to put me down for anytime dining as my second preference, and if the waits are too long we will just get to the dining room early.

Archived