Cost of tours

We were on the Celebration last year, doing the Red Sea Magic, the costs of the tours then were:

Full day tours were about £70 each, ½ day was approx £35. Some of them started very early, self service restaurants were opened extra early for breakfast. We were given snack boxes for all day trips – came in handy by 12 noon for extra food.

Take water bottles with you (buy at airport after security or on first day on ship) and refill at the cold-water tap situated behind the omelette station outside on the Lido deck.

We only did the ships tours in Hurghada and the snorkelling trip to Giftun Island. I arranged independant tours to Petra and to Cairo, also a snorkelling trip in Aqaba.

Hope this helps.

The excursions are all on the Thomson site under port of call. Just locate any cruise and its there on the banner at the top.

for your info Thomsons say:

Pyramids - £72

Luxor - £78 (overnight £130)

Wadi Rum - £32

Petra - £79

Dead Sea - £51

Some cruisers think the Dead Sea is a dead loss?

I have the excursion guide;

Wadi Rum 1/2 day £32.00

Petra Full day £72.00

Dead Sea £51.00

Pyramids and Cairo Museum £68.00

most other cairo tours £68.00

Luxor overnight £125.00

Luxor one day £70.00 (15 hrs)

Paradise island - swim and snorkel £49.00

Hurghada quad biking £36.00

Ras Mohamed snorkel £32.00

Glass bottom boat £19.00

Sharm Quad bikes £29.00

Hope this helps, these prices were from Thomson Celebration - Red sea magic, begining of March last year (Mar 2008). I didn't do a lot of them via the ship only the 2 snorkel trips. I used De Castro Tours for a private tour to Cairo museum and the Pyramids and Jordansinaihotels.com for a private tour to Petra, which was well worth it as we arrived before the hordes and had the entrance to the souk to ourselves, spell binding and a moment neve to be forgotten. Enjoy.

We have done this cruise twice. First time we did Wadi Rum, Petra and Cairo, all fabulous and not to be missed.

Second time we did the Dead Sea which was disappointing. It is a long journey for what it is.

Archived