Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

I keep asking - When in all that is good's name are all of ya'll leaving. Enough of the drama and just go. Washington's farewell to the troops took less time and energy. :rolleyes:

We get it. Now, if you want to stay and beat on that poor dead horse some more, at least add something new to the rant.

Temple, we're not keeping you here

Temple, we're not keeping you here

That is a true statement. I do however have to wonder, why all the drama. It is what it is.

I will pop in and see if something new has been added but it is the same old same old posters posting the same thing - over and over - we're leaving, we're never coming back, etc, etc. So, I'm just wondering, okay, so bye.

Please stop in and let us know how it is going from time to time, but if you're going to leave, then leave.

Yes, it is a free and open board, so yes, I too can express my views. If you don't like what I offered or my question - which has not been answered, btw, then don't read my posts.

That is a true statement. I do however have to wonder, why all the drama. It is what it is.

I will pop in and see if something new has been added but it is the same old same old posters posting the same thing - over and over - we're leaving, we're never coming back, etc, etc. So, I'm just wondering, okay, so bye.

Please stop in and let us know how it is going from time to time, but if you're going to leave, then leave.

Yes, it is a free and open board, so yes, I too can express my views. If you don't like what I offered or my question - which has not been answered, btw, then don't read my posts.

Well Said!!! All the whiners need to find a NEW cruiseline and go to their boards and complain... Once a Whiner, Always a Whiner!!

I don't think anyone has said they were leaving the RCI boards, just that they were no longer considering RCI their default vacation dollar source.

I don't think anyone has said they were leaving the RCI boards, just that they were no longer considering RCI their default vacation dollar source.

To me it is the same if I go over to the Silversea's or Princess boards and get into their discussions. If I'm not cruising on their ships and I don't have plans to cruise on their ships, why would I want to be on their board?

:confused:

Seems to me their only desire right now is to gripe and complain, moan and groan about how the cruise line done them wrong. Well thank you Tammy.

All I've seen for the most part on this thread is the whining about cost cutting, etc. When did RC ever announce, or state in their letters, email, or responses that this change was due to cost cutting. If it was really that important, they would have eliminated it all, and for everyone except suite guests. By keeping the cocktail hour on the 5 largest ships, it is quite possible that RC will still have the same # of pax in the lounge each day, as they do now on the entire fleet.

It is unfortunate that this change is going to be such a life changing event for some of you, but there was no contract here, as some have stated, and no guarantees what so ever that the program would never change, even continue for that matter. The benefits clearly state the program could change at any time.

For those who cannot accept this, then, by all means you should go elsewhere. I guess 16 cruises, or 150 sea days is well worth the free shoe shine, and laundry service on another line.

The only things here that are false are what some have put into their mind.

To me it is the same if I go over to the Silversea's or Princess boards and get into their discussions. If I'm not cruising on their ships and I don't have plans to cruise on their ships, why would I want to be on their board?

Seems to me their only desire right now is to gripe and complain, moan and groan about how the cruise line done them wrong. Well thank you Tammy.

Again, I don't think anyone has said they were leaving the RCI boards, just that they were no longer considering RCI their default vacation dollar source.

Okay, I for one still have an RCI cruise booked although I did cancel one. There are others just like me. Not that we need permission to post on particular cruise line sections of the boards, you should prepare yourself that we will still be here. Maybe you really should save yourself the stress of reading this thread.

Has anyone cruised Holland America to bermuda? What ship were you on ( we prefer large ships) and how was the service?

Personally I've never been on a HAL ship but their itinerary to Bermuda is 7 days which was the way we started cruising to Bermuda in RCI's smaller ships. With stops in Hamilton and St. George, their ship must be small enough to fit those ports. I think I'd like to try it. :)

Stockholders stillget onboard credits as far as I know. We are sailing on Visionand are getting our on board credits. But, we will not be able to use our credit for future booking. How's that for rewarding loyalty

In my original post I said that I had to give up my onboard credit for my balcony discount and that I could no longer get my stock credit either. It appears I have been wrong on one count. The "Next Cruise" certificate has a reservation number tied to it already and depending when you purchased it, you might be grandfathered in. I am and therefor will get it along with my balcony discount. I plan to submit my stockholder information also since that also was purchased before all the changes came. We will see.

Well Said!!! All the whiners need to find a NEW cruiseline and go to their boards and complain... Once a Whiner, Always a Whiner!!

Its obvious that there are two schools of thought posting here. Group #1, that ones that want to document their frustation and vent, are labelled the WHINERS by group #2. These posters have accepted their fate, but for some reason can't do the obvious - just stop posting to this thread. Although sure of their position and right to post, I'm just as tired of hearing their position -i.e. that they are willing to be walked all over, as they are of hearing the whiner's position. For the sake of brevity, it would be nice if the whiners had a label for this 2nd group - I would suggest the SHEEP. I would also suggest that they abandon this thread to the whiners, and start a new thread. How about - "Happy with the Diamond Changes"?

It is unfortunate that this change is going to be such a life changing event for some of you, but there was no contract here, as some have stated, and no guarantees what so ever that the program would never change, even continue for that matter. The benefits clearly state the program could change at any time.

Well said.

Things change. I could be upset that they're changing the program right before I get to D (I have 9 credits, cruise in Sept will make 10), but I'm not. I don't need the CL to make me "feel special", I feel special enough just being able to be on the ship. The extra perks are an added benefit, even if on some reduced level. I don't let those perks dictate whether or not I'll continue to sail with them. If they're there fine. If not, fine.

Personally I've never been on a HAL ship but their itinerary to Bermuda is 7 days which was the way we started cruising to Bermuda in RCI's smaller ships. With stops in Hamilton and St. George, their ship must be small enough to fit those ports. I think I'd like to try it. :)

I like that some cruises stop in both ports. Your right about a small ship would be better to bermuda. We have never cruised with HAL before so I am not expecting any loyalty benefits so I guess I wont be dissapointed when I am not allowed into the CL.

Oh my gosh! please note the smiley face on my original post :D

"As many have said, a major part of the Concierge Lounge enjoyment is the opportunity to meet others. I would not want to limit those meetings to only D plus and suite cruisers, especially suite cruisers like myself." :D

Bob :D

Ok, got it now!:D

Well said.

Things change. I could be upset that they're changing the program right before I get to D (I have 9 credits, cruise in Sept will make 10), but I'm not. I don't need the CL to make me "feel special", I feel special enough just being able to be on the ship. The extra perks are an added benefit, even if on some reduced level. I don't let those perks dictate whether or not I'll continue to sail with them. If they're there fine. If not, fine.

Respectfully MTBoys, it's hard to miss something that you've never had so your POV is understandable.

To those of you that have cancelled your cruise(s) with RCI because of the Diamond debacle, would you re-book if RCI reinstated your access to the CL? Would you go back to making RCI your default cruise line when planning vacations?

I would think that it might be hard for folks to answer that question until they see how they enjoy their experience with another cruise line.

Exactly Beachbuddy, I also dont need the attention. I am happy to be with everyone around the pool and I defin dont want to be singled out! Why would someone want to sit in a segregated area? Just to be 5 feet closer to the pool?

I actually try to get as far away from the main pool as possible. There is way too much noise and commotion there for me.

Maybe to learn something about those cruise lines? How would I know if I want to consider sailing a cruise line that I know nothing about?

Respectfully MTBoys, it's hard to miss something that you've never had so your POV is understandable.

True.

I've anticipated the Diamond level though and am almost there. New perks are on the horizon. One fewer now, though. Have even used the CL before, when we were in a GS, but won't miss having it as a perk. And I realize the CL was the ULTIMATE perk for some people, and I'm sorry that's being taken away from them. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are even more changes down the road that we're not yet aware of (as more people become D+ - they may create an even higher level of rewards and reduce from the D+ level).

Maybe to learn something about those cruise lines?

I read reviews and study the cruise line websites. Then if I am interested in trying them, then I would read their boards and ask questions. That is if I'm thinking about cruising with them. But if I have stated I'm not cruising on that line I've no reason to remain on the board. I think of this as a community. You ask questions, answer questions, provide your own humble opinion and partake in the community. If oh the other hand your only purpose is to post the same blinking complaint ad infinitum then you really have no reason to be here.

I see nothing new from these folks. Please, you lost some perks, you are not happy you lost some perks, you wrote very compelling emails and made phone calls about your lost perks, some of you have posted on here 35 - 105 times each about your lost perks.

We are not stupid, we understand you and your friends are not happy with RCI right now. That is cool with me and I'm sure with everyone else. Quite a few have made the statement (over and over again) that you are cancelling all cruises with RCI and are moving on. That is great also. Now, it is time. Move on. Go to Princess, Carnival, NCL, Holland, where ever, make new friends, learn all about their ships and cruises and leave us poor fools behind crying and wailing at the loss of your words of wisdom.

I actually try to get as far away from the main pool as possible. There is way too much noise and commotion there for me.

We prefer the upper pool balcony then being poolside. There is so much traffic and noise there. And when there is a contest, people stand in front of you and you cant see anything. Being up above, you can see everything and there isnt people crowding you.

I understand your comment also. However, I have to look at it from the perspective that I have also lived through some changes in cruising and I and my family have learned to compensate for them and go on enjoying our cruises very much. For example, when we started cruising there was a midnight buffet every night. That became a place for all of use to meet at a certain time for a last family get-to-gether before some went to bed and off to lounges, etc. It was a family thing and a very important part of the day (night) for us. When that disappeared we started meeting at Johnny Rocket's as our last family meeting of the day. When they started charging for that we found other venues, etc.

So yes, many of us have no idea what we are missing as we have never experienced the CL. But we all have experienced changes and learned to adapt to them. Maybe the time will come when the changes and the adaptions can no longer exsist. That is when it becomes time to look elsewhere. For my family and I that point has not been reached. For others maybe this CL issue is that breaking point. We are all different and we all cruise for different reasons. We all have to find what works for us.

For the record, after 4 DCL cruises we got nothing more than the free towel or beach bag and one cocktail party, the same as the repeat cruisers that did one or 25 DCL cruises. Disney does nothing to reward frequent customers, as we have learned after 12 years of frequent trips to Disney resorts and cruises. We have switched over to Royal, because we want a bigger ship, different shows (How many times can you watch Disney Dreams?) and different ports. Also better value (30K for 12 d in Europe in a cheapest inside cabin for 4?).

Its obvious that there are two schools of thought posting here. Group #1, that ones that want to document their frustation and vent, are labelled the WHINERS by group #2. These posters have accepted their fate, but for some reason can't do the obvious - just stop posting to this thread. Although sure of their position and right to post, I'm just as tired of hearing their position -i.e. that they are willing to be walked all over, as they are of hearing the whiner's position. For the sake of brevity, it would be nice if the whiners had a label for this 2nd group - I would suggest the SHEEP. I would also suggest that they abandon this thread to the whiners, and start a new thread. How about - "Happy with the Diamond Changes"?

If "sheep" is the title for the folks who have accepted the change then an appropriate name for those that have not would be "whining sheep" or maybe "kool-aid drinking sheep" because as MANY of you have posted you have been "fooled" or "lied to" or several other adjectives posted here into believing that you should only sail with RC so as to attain this holier than thou title of Diamond which now is basicly worthless....

So now lets here it....all together now ...baaaaaa whine, whine...baaaaaaaa :p

Archived