Hello Ephesus Tour Company

• 2 weeks later...

We took a tour with Hello Ephesus on the 2nd of July which included Ephesus, the Terrace Houses - highly recommended (incredible murals), and the Sirince Village. I agree with the other comments and would definitely recommend these guys. Our guide was Eylem Kurnaz - he was very knowledgeable and made sure we were as comfortable as possible on a very hot day (another reason to hit the Terrace Houses since you are inside and out of the sun!). The lunch was great and the tour of the carpet factory was interesting. The carpets are very expensive by the way. Sirince village was not very interesting. It's a small run-down village with several streets where one can buy wine, etc. My wife got a good deal on a leather purse so it wasn't a complete waste.

We used Go Ephesus which we established on page 1 was the same as Hello Ephesus.

This was a great excursion. We paid $160 USD (plus tip) for four people which did not include entrance fees to certain sites, museums. As you add more people to the tour, the price per person gets lower. The guide extended the tour for about 1.5 - 2 hours with no additional charge. (We toured from about 8:30 to 2:00) In addition to hitting the basic spots, we also went to a mosque and the aforementioned rug tour, which was optional. As long as you can say "no", going on the rug tour isn't a big deal - it was pretty interesting.

The guide was a very knowledgeable, friendly man with a degree in archeaology I believe. He said he had about 25 years of experience and had spent some time in the US.

Overall, I would highly recommend this company or even if you don't use this company, booking a private tour vs. going through the cruise line. You save money by going on a private tour, have more flexibility, and don't have to be herded around a bunch of other people.

We booked our Ephesus tour through Otti Travel / Ephesus tours dot biz and had Banu as our tour guide. Very smart and professional. For $240 US we had a private air-conditioned bus, driver, and guide. That fee included everything plus two English photo books to keep. Our tour was 3 hours but since we had booked a half day (5 hours) Banu offered to take us to see a number of other area attractions.

The whole operation was extremely professional and affordable compared to booking with our cruise line (RC).

We used Go Ephesus which we established on page 1 was the same as Hello Ephesus.

This was a great excursion. We paid $160 USD (plus tip) for four people which did not include entrance fees to certain sites, museums. As you add more people to the tour, the price per person gets lower. The guide extended the tour for about 1.5 - 2 hours with no additional charge. (We toured from about 8:30 to 2:00) In addition to hitting the basic spots, we also went to a mosque and the aforementioned rug tour, which was optional. As long as you can say "no", going on the rug tour isn't a big deal - it was pretty interesting.

The guide was a very knowledgeable, friendly man with a degree in archeaology I believe. He said he had about 25 years of experience and had spent some time in the US.

Overall, I would highly recommend this company or even if you don't use this company, booking a private tour vs. going through the cruise line. You save money by going on a private tour, have more flexibility, and don't have to be herded around a bunch of other people.

Do you remember the name of your guide? We are using them in October.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flavad99 viewpost.gif

Do you remember the name of your guide? We are using them in October.

He asked that we call him Bill

We just returned from the Celebrity Solstice July 6 sailing and had an outstanding time with Ali from HelloEphesus. He was professional and gave a running commentary while a driver paid attention to the road.:) FWIW, he told us he had given the tour recently for the head of Volvo and the musician Alan Parsons and family. Not sure if it was true but he always seemed to be very concerned with looking after us and making sure we were enjoying the tour.

It was only a 20 minute drive from the port and we had a nice Mercedes van with A/C and he brought us cold bottled water in an onboard fridge:)

It was $50 per person which included all entry fees including the Terrace Houses and lasted nearly 5 hours. He asked about the carpet tour and when we said no he had no problems accepting that. He asked about a ceramic factory and we did enjoy that and spent about $50. We thought you could always find a ceramic piece to buy but we didn't need a carpet.

Whatever you do, DO NOT miss the Terrace Houses. These were the highight of Ephesus and there were only about 30 people in the whole place when we went. There are a lot of stairs which might be a bit much for some people but it was very interesting.

Leave some time for walking around the port. The prices are good at the small shops but be prepared to be given the hard sell on a carpet at every store there.

We just returned from the Celebrity Solstice July 6 sailing and had an outstanding time with Ali from HelloEphesus. He was professional and gave a running commentary while a driver paid attention to the road.:) FWIW, he told us he had given the tour recently for the head of Volvo and the musician Alan Parsons and family. Not sure if it was true but he always seemed to be very concerned with looking after us and making sure we were enjoying the tour.

It was only a 20 minute drive from the port and we had a nice Mercedes van with A/C and he brought us cold bottled water in an onboard fridge:)

It was $50 per person which included all entry fees including the Terrace Houses and lasted nearly 5 hours. He asked about the carpet tour and when we said no he had no problems accepting that. He asked about a ceramic factory and we did enjoy that and spent about $50. We thought you could always find a ceramic piece to buy but we didn't need a carpet.

Whatever you do, DO NOT miss the Terrace Houses. These were the highight of Ephesus and there were only about 30 people in the whole place when we went. There are a lot of stairs which might be a bit much for some people but it was very interesting.

Leave some time for walking around the port. The prices are good at the small shops but be prepared to be given the hard sell on a carpet at every store there.

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps to hear from otheres who have been there.

Kathy

We just returned from Navigator OTS and used 'Hello Ephesus' for a tour of Ephesus and the Terrace Houses. Our guide was Bulent 'Bill' Orkus, who is a freelance guide and also works for Ekol. He speaks perfect English, has been a tour guide for 25 years and has extensive knowledge of Turkish history. We only booked a 4 hour tour (4 of us in a 12 pax van), but he gave us an additional hour and offered to spend all day with us for the same price. We had a great Turkish lunch at the rug factory with a no pressure demo of the process. We also visited the Selcuk and the Temple of Athena.

If you get Bill as a guide, you will surely have a great tour.

We just returned from Navigator OTS and used 'Hello Ephesus' for a tour of Ephesus and the Terrace Houses. Our guide was Bulent 'Bill' Orkus, who is a freelance guide and also works for Ekol. He speaks perfect English, has been a tour guide for 25 years and has extensive knowledge of Turkish history. We only booked a 4 hour tour (4 of us in a 12 pax van), but he gave us an additional hour and offered to spend all day with us for the same price. We had a great Turkish lunch at the rug factory with a no pressure demo of the process. We also visited the Selcuk and the Temple of Athena.

Great to hear! Thank you!

Thanks for the great review, I look forward to our trip in Nov.

Thank you for your referral and great recommendation. We are using Hello Epheus in October and based on your recommendation I asked for Bill and he was just confirmed. We are on a 7 hour comprehensive tour with about 20 people.

Try contacting Hello Ephesus twice through their website, under 'Reservation' and "Contact". No reply so far. Just tried again with a different return email address in case the problem is at this end.

Is there an email address one can use to just send them a message? Anyone with a better idea? Please advice.

The email above is the one I used and they received the message, but were unable to get one back to me with my comcast address. Gmail worked just fine. They contacted me via phone to answer my questions the first time that they were unable to reach me by email. If you have left a phone number, I expect they would call you if they are unable to reach you.

Try contacting Hello Ephesus twice through their website, under 'Reservation' and "Contact". No reply so far. Just tried again with a different return email address in case the problem is at this end.

Is there an email address one can use to just send them a message? Anyone with a better idea? Please advice.

You might want to go into your internet options and check your filters. I had problems at first with them but after I loosened up my filters they were able to send me e-mails. If you haven't already done so, send them an e-mail telling them that you have not received a response from them and give them your telephone#. They will call you back

Has anyone used this company? If so, would you recommend them?

Absolutely! Decided what we wanted to see, checked their website and emailed them with details. They gave us a great price. We ended up with a private a/c van, driver, & guide. The guide - Eylem Kurnaz (ekurnaz77 at hotmail dot com) is an occasional guide for this company and an expert on Bible sites of Turkey, as well as very knowledgable about everything else in the area. Price included Ephesus, Terrace Houses, a wonderful private lunch in a garden setting, very elegant, a visit to a carpet co-op (nice people, NO pressure) to view silkworms, etc, and their absolutely gorgeous award-winning rugs, Sirince Village, Ceramic factory (or leather shop, if you like), & we added St. John's Basilica, since we had time & Eylem was willing to spend the extra time taking us. A wonderful day! It was our 40th anniversary, and we felt so special. (Eylem is a sweetie and now my facebook friend!) And he LOVES doing tours:)

Archived