Who has booked Azura?

Legalneen

Definitely book the fjords, I need someone to join the roll call with me!!!

Nina :)

LOL the Fjords are in the lead at the moment but I'm just waiting to see what P&O has to offer on it's other ships first but I'm pretty sure Azura will win! I was all set the book RCI's Jewel of the Seas to the Fjords and they have dropped it so I'm looking for something else.

I see from you signature you were on Indy's maiden last May... we will be on her this May!

LOL the Fjords are in the lead at the moment but I'm just waiting to see what P&O has to offer on it's other ships first but I'm pretty sure Azura will win! I was all set the book RCI's Jewel of the Seas to the Fjords and they have dropped it so I'm looking for something else.

I see from you signature you were on Indy's maiden last May... we will be on her this May!

Fabulous ship and I can't wait til September when we sail on her again! Enjoy your cruise in May! Hope to see you on the roll call for the Azura next year!!

Nina :)

We've taken the plunge and booked for Azura's transatlantic in October 2010. We did this same cruise on Ventura last year and loved it. we're going on Solstice this October but couldn't resist Azura. A really good deal including a chunk of obc. This time we're going to stay over the extra night in Barbados.

Is there anyone else on this cruise?

Booked A006 yesterday - 16 nights to the med. We were apprehensive about booking on such a large ship, but cruised on the Emerald Princess in March (same size as Azura) and absolutely loved it. Held back before booking as wanted to check what the other itineraries were, narrowed it down to a couple on Aurora, one on Arcadia, but somehow we just felt it was the right time to go for a brand new ship. Legalneen, we are on the cruise before you. We are very excited about cruising during Azura's maiden season. Thought about the maiden cruise, but decided to give the ship a chance to "run in" before our cruise.

Hi St Lucia, were on the transatlantic cruise Oct 29 2010 and we are also staying overnight in Barbados, only cruised once before that was on the Sunwing in the Med with 6 freinds, this time just me and my wife so really looking forward to the experience. Looking at the P&O website it looks like the price has crept up a wee bit, we got an excellent deal through a TA so its all good at the moment.

Happy Days. :D

Hi St Lucia, were on the transatlantic cruise Oct 29 2010 and we are also staying overnight in Barbados, only cruised once before that was on the Sunwing in the Med with 6 freinds, this time just me and my wife so really looking forward to the experience. Looking at the P&O website it looks like the price has crept up a wee bit, we got an excellent deal through a TA so its all good at the moment.

Hi St Lucia, were on the transatlantic cruise Oct 29 2010 and we are also staying overnight in Barbados, only cruised once before that was on the Sunwing in the Med with 6 friends, this time just me and my wife so really looking forward to the experience. Looking at the P&O website it looks like the price has crept up a wee bit, we got an excellent deal through a TA so its all good at the moment.

Hi Billybonds

I'm sure you'll love it. We've done a few cruises now and have become hooked, though we still love land based holidays and have just come back from Cuba. We really enjoyed our first transatlantic last October and couldn't resist the amazing offer on this cruise. Please go over and register on the roll call I've started. Our last roll call was very active and we met some wonderful people. The roll call made the run up to the cruise so much more exciting.

Janet

We've taken the plunge and booked for Azura's transatlantic in October 2010. We did this same cruise on Ventura last year and loved it. we're going on Solstice this October but couldn't resist Azura. A really good deal including a chunk of obc. This time we're going to stay over the extra night in Barbados.

Is there anyone else on this cruise?

Hi StLucia, When prices were annouced for the Azura the opinion was that it was over priced, can I ask you what deal the T/A came up with, and have you seen any better deals since booking.

Hi, just booked the Azura for March 5th 2011 leaving Barbados.

Just returned from the Golden Princess Hawaii via LA. Not very impressed with Princess, now they are part of Carnival, thats why we decided on P&O.

The Azura looks fabulous, our TA had a really good brochure to show us. They are already sold out in some categories! but managed to get mid, B deck, balcony. Glad I booked early.

Look forward to hearing about the feedback from the 2010 sailings.

Lesley

Hi StLucia, When prices were annouced for the Azura the opinion was that it was over priced, can I ask you what deal the T/A came up with, and have you seen any better deals since booking.

I'm pleased with the deal £200 pp less than we paid for the same cruise on Ventura in 2008, plus £200 obc. That'll do us nicely. I actually have an unofficial rule not to check prices once I've booked. But I did do a couple of crafty looks for our Ventura cruise and the prices were higher for our cabin grade as it got closer. I know you can always get a good deal when you leave it but we like to choose our cabin position. I would not do a transatlantic if I could not get port midships.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Azura looks nice on paper, although if like Ventura she has no proper, wide promenade deck then that is a major negative. But we found the promotional DVD issued by P&O off-putting. The emphasis, like much of their marketing, was to convey an environment suitable for 30 and 40 something, smug, glamorous, middle-class poseurs. P&O have stated that Azura is intended primarily to attract their traditional customers. Although a few who fit the above decsription can be found on any cruise, they certainly do not represent the bulk of the traditional P&O customers, who are predominantly 50+, down to earth, unpreposessing, sociable types. Will wait for some feedback as to what Azura is actually like to sail on before committing to try her.

Azura looks nice on paper, although if like Ventura she has no proper, wide promenade deck then that is a major negative. But we found the promotional DVD issued by P&O off-putting. The emphasis, like much of their marketing, was to convey an environment suitable for 30 and 40 something, smug, glamorous, middle-class poseurs. P&O have stated that Azura is intended primarily to attract their traditional customers. Although a few who fit the above decsription can be found on any cruise, they certainly do not represent the bulk of the traditional P&O customers, who are predominantly 50+, down to earth, unprepossessing, sociable types. Will wait for some feedback as to what Azura is actually like to sail on before committing to try her.

Obviously the observation of a well 'cruised' person.

Can I also add that the inadequate public facilities experienced on Ventura have not been addressed on Azura, rather worsened by taking away sunbathing and pool facilities, to be payed extra for by those glamorous, middle-class poseurs.

Being just a simple soul far be it for me to lecture P&O on ship design, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to appreciate that the Caribbean class ships with its extra passenger deck just does not fit with the requirements of British cruisers.

Is will be interesting to hear the observations of those on Ventura and the similar but more spacious Grand Princess, both cruising this summer the Med. out of Southampton.

Regards

Cb

30+ cruises

Obviously the observation of a well 'cruised' person.

Can I also add that the inadequate public facilities experienced on Ventura have not been addressed on Azura, rather worsened by taking away sunbathing and pool facilities, to be payed extra for by those glamorous, middle-class poseurs.

Being just a simple soul far be it for me to lecture P&O on ship design, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to appreciate that the Caribbean class ships with its extra passenger deck just does not fit with the requirements of British cruisers.

Is will be interesting to hear the observations of those on Ventura and the similar but more spacious Grand Princess, both cruising this summer the Med. out of Southampton.

Regards

Cb

30+ cruises

I can't claim 30+ but we've done a few, yes. I think you raise a good point about the paying extra. Having dropped a goolie with Ventura, and the 'yoof' market, P&O may be aiming at the well-heeled with Azura. They are perhaps hoping that they can fill it with those prepared to pay through the nose for alternative dining, gambling, and self pampering (including perhaps 75 quid for some bird to put hot stones on your back and ring a little bell over your head !). The narrow promenade decks are of course a reflection of the fact that Carnival does not consider them to be sufficiently revenue earning. Apart from the odd cocktail of the day, people tend not to spend money out there, they just sit and enjoy themselves. So by making them inhospitably narrow and using the space freed up for huge, fancy oriental restaurants and the like, Carnival hopes to correct this aberration in passenger behaviour !

Archived