New menu

PAFC2004

Has anyone seen the new menu on the Pacific Dawn blog? It seems that it's so certain dishes are available each day. Does this mean that the normal menu will continue to change each day?

I hope so. It seems like a great idea, so long as the static menu is not the only one available.

Has anyone seen the new menu on the Pacific Dawn blog? It seems that it's so certain dishes are available each day. Does this mean that the normal menu will continue to change each day?

I hope so. It seems like a great idea, so long as the static menu is not the only one available.

Do you have a link to the blog?

Princess have an "Always Available "page on their menus.

A great idea if you want to steer away from the "rich" food and sauces for a night.

Hi, when we were on the Pacific Sun Jan/Feb this year, they did have a new lunch menu...and it was good.

the evening menu at that time was still the same..

but the cruise we got off 14/2/09 , anytime dining was coming in that day.

I look forward to the new menu on Pacific Dawn in June when on the Tahiti 28 nighter.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

ps Pacific Dawn now has her own ship blog.

Hi PAFC2004,

Having just disembarked today :mad: , the Palm Court a la carte menu remains the same each day, with "specials" available as well. The menu changed for our second cruise, and although we had absolutely NO complaints whatsoever about the food, it was great to have a change for the second. I can thoroughly recommend the Sea Scallops and Barbecued Pork Belly MMMM :D

The lunch menu has so many options available, it was hard to choose. These ranged from soups, sandwiches, foccacias, pastas, burgers, seafood and then desserts.

Oh, I can also recommend the Steakhouse as well. We had it 3 times on the second cruise!!

Hi PAFC2004,

Having just disembarked today :mad: , the Palm Court a la carte menu remains the same each day, with "specials" available as well. The menu changed for our second cruise, and although we had absolutely NO complaints whatsoever about the food, it was great to have a change for the second. I can thoroughly recommend the Sea Scallops and Barbecued Pork Belly MMMM :D

The lunch menu has so many options available, it was hard to choose. These ranged from soups, sandwiches, foccacias, pastas, burgers, seafood and then desserts.

Oh, I can also recommend the Steakhouse as well. We had it 3 times on the second cruise!!

Thanks! So the specials change each day in the Palm Court dining room? How many different options are available each day? I hope it's a few!

Hi PAFC2004,

Did you happen to notice the vegetarian options? Did they change, or were they one of the items that remained the same each day :eek:.

On our cruise last year there was pretty much only one vegetarian option each meal, so it will be a pretty boring cruise food-wise if there's even less variety now! :confused::(

The new dinner menu on the Pacific Dawn had a section that changed every day and a section called 'A la carte" that was really "Always available". Both the menu of the day and the 'always available' section had a few choices for entree, two for pasta/rice course, a few for mains, and two desserts. There were always a couple of vegetarian options for entree, main course and dessert. They were marked with a symbol.

We were reasonably happy with the menu but considered many of the choices rather odd or off-beat. We often chose from the 'always available' section because we couldn't find anything we liked on the menu of the day. By the way, we are not fussy or plain eaters. Several passengers complained loud and long about the new menu. We felt the food was well cooked and very well presented, but a few items need reconsideration. The Executive Chef will soon see if particular dishes are not popular.

Evon.

It's just a shame you didn't discover it earlier, Sarah:p.

As Sarah said, the Steakhouse is great. I never thought I'd pay extra for a meal when we've alreadt paid for it in our fare but we did it twice. It was beautiful. Could have been the company, though;).

My daughter and I loved the new lunch menu on the Sun on our cruise last month. There was so much variety but my daughter found it hard to get pass the steak she said it was excellent. I tried a few different items and everything was great. We usually always do buffet for lunch but this time we picked the restaurant more often. :)

My daughter and I loved the new lunch menu on the Sun on our cruise last month. There was so much variety but my daughter found it hard to get pass the steak she said it was excellent. I tried a few different items and everything was great. We usually always do buffet for lunch but this time we picked the restaurant more often. :)

Hi Suey,

I agree with you that the dining room menu for lunch is superb. It is identical on the Pacific Sun and Pacific Dawn (as far as I can remember anyway without having the two menus side by side to compare). It was hard to choose what to have and it took me several days to work through my 'first choices'. :):)

Evon.

Archived