Seattle - Post cruise Rental Car

KurtMo

Looks like there is finally a rental car vendor chosen for the piers, according to the port website at http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

"Budget Rental Car will have rental kiosks at both the Bell Street Pier at Pier 66, and the Smith Cove Cruise Facility at Terminal 91, and served by their downtown Seattle location located at: 2200 7th Avenue, Seatle, WA 98121. "

I'm not clear if the cars will be at the pier or if they will simply shuttle people to the rental car lot in town, Does anybody have experience with the old setup at pier 66 that might give me a clue of what to expect at pier 91? I'm getting a car post cruise to explore the Olympic Peninsula for a few days and I am trying to simplify the logistics of doing that!

Looks like there is finally a rental car vendor chosen for the piers, according to the port website at www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

"Budget Rental Car will have rental kiosks at both the Bell Street Pier at Pier 66, and the Smith Cove Cruise Facility at Terminal 91, and served by their downtown Seattle location located at: 2200 7th Avenue, Seatle, WA 98121. "

I'm not clear if the cars will be at the pier or if they will simply shuttle people to the rental car lot in town, Does anybody have experience with the old setup at pier 66 that might give me a clue of what to expect at pier 91? I'm getting a car post cruise to explore the Olympic Peninsula for a few days and I am trying to simplify the logistics of doing that!

You have to go to the cars, they don't come to you.

You have to go to the cars, they don't come to you.

Thanks Karen. I was suspecting that based on the wording. Does that mean a shuttle from the pier to an in-town location, or would it more likely be a short jaunt to a mini-lot in the terminal parking lots?

I've got a good rate from Avis in downtown, so if the logistics are going to be the same hassle, I'd just as soon stay with that!

Thanks Karen. I was suspecting that based on the wording. Does that mean a shuttle from the pier to an in-town location, or would it more likely be a short jaunt to a mini-lot in the terminal parking lots?

I've got a good rate from Avis in downtown, so if the logistics are going to be the same hassle, I'd just as soon stay with that!

There will not be cars at the Pier/Terminal. No room for them. Whether or not there will be a shuttle to downtown or not remains to be seen. You might have to take a taxi.

I rented a car for pick-up at Sea-Tac airport and drop off at their 2200 7th Avenue office (locations code SE2). The gentleman and the office stated there would be free shuttle to the pier. Be prepared for the cost!! But with the price of taxi's, it's pretty much a wash.

Last spring Thrifty had a kiosk at Pier 66. We took care of business there, a shuttle was called for us and took us just a few minutes away to their lot. A tiny bit more business there, and that was it. We were able to return it to their lot at the airport.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Last spring Thrifty had a kiosk at Pier 66. We took care of business there, a shuttle was called for us and took us just a few minutes away to their lot. A tiny bit more business there, and that was it. We were able to return it to their lot at the airport.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

The Thrifty kiosk is no longer there and they no longer have the location at Pier 48 like they had last year.

Archived