WHat beach for Eagle Ray?

simkoreb

Hi Bobbisu...lunch was about an hour or so..very casual.....it was just us and another couple...we also had a family of five on the boat with us but they didn't stay for lunch.....the excursion was wonderful..the divemasters were knowledgable and fun and showed us all kinds of things.....a full day of snorkeling..we went to 3 sights..plus it took about 45 minutes to get out to the first site....as for the lunch it also included drinks...but what happened to me was I made the mistake of ordering the chicken dish...even though a little voice was telling me not too.....and sure enough...the pains started in the cab back to the ship and I was in bed sick for the rest of the day and didn't start to feel better until about midnight.....my husband had the beef dish and he didn't have any problems...of course he has an iron stomach and mine gets upset very easily...we went back to Cozumel for a week in April and I made sure I didn't eat any chicken and I never had a problem the whole week....I love Cozumel..I would go back there in a blink of an eye :) Marianne

We enjoyed their 3 reef snorkel, this past Monday.

Bernardo and Oscar were constantly on the lookout for us and gave us great snorkeling tips and showed us interesting fish etc.

Lunch is at Nachi Cocom. The choices are chicken tacos, quesadillas, club sandwich and hamburger, with one soft drink.

They have beer and water on the boat.

Beware, if you are not comfortable and have never snorkeled in deep water, I would not recommend it.

Can someone tell me the entire time frame for the 3 reef trip, from the time you stepped on the boat til it was done, and can anyone compare the quality and/or duration of the 2 reef trip versus the 3 reef trip? It's not much more $$ for the 3 reef trip but we definitely want to do some other stuff. Fortunately we have a pretty long stop there- 12 hours. but I would also like to rent a car again and circle the island like we did last time. Cozumel is so cool.

Three reef tour is 6 hours. That includes lunch and that one more reef,,,i have the same question, is that last reef worth the time?

I think if I had been to cozumel before maybe I wouldn't mind spending my whole time there on the water, but I think we will want to do some shopping too and we can do lunch on our own.

Su

There are TONS of dive/snorkel operators in Cozumel. Some have boats you could water ski behind, but I haven't tried any of those.

There is also LOTS to see/do in Cozumel, including shopping and eating, so if you have any interest in that, I would skip the third stop. They don't always go to the same reefs (Lots of those, too), and you can always request a shorter tour to nearer reefs - kind of depends on how many others are onboard and what their interests are. OR you could request to be dropped off at one of the beach clubs where it would be easy to catch a taxi back to the ship or town.

Island time suits me fine, but isn't for everyone.

Chellie is from Arkansas originally, is very friendly and I'm sure she will try to answer any questions you have.

e-mail: chellie@eagleraydivers.com

antonio@eagleraydivers.com

Archived