Two men dancing together on the QM2 - reaction of other passengers?

Devon Bloke

We cruised on the RCCL Rhapsody to Central America and the Western Carribean. 5 years ago. On the night of the formal dinner at the Captains meet & greet they had dancing. The dance floor was the stage. We were with a group of about 100 gay people on what I believe was a full 2000 passenger ship so, I would guess, about 600 people were in that room when we, dressed in our tuxedoes, got up and danced a waltz. There was a reaction. We were hoping others from our group would do the same but no one did. We were approached many times inthe following days by str8 and other gay people who told us how great it was we did it. Of course, we were glared at and pointed to by some the rest of the trip. We did it because we were secure and wanted to dance, not because we were trying to instigate a reaction.

I am not homosexual and probaby have no right in stating my opinion here, but, I say:

As long as you aren't having SEX on the dance floor... knock yourself out! I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone so as long as the dance is 'appropriate' it will be well tolerated.

Go ahead, dance and have fun! :D

Go for it. I saw this many times on the QE2 in the Yacht Club. Ask for John from NJ when you go to the FOD gathering in the "Comadorothy" club. He is sailing on the 31st also. I was booked but cancelled it. Me be bad.

Like someone said you might see 10 seconds of shock but most people could care less. On some of the gay group cruises I've been on, the gay crowd seemed to want to see the crowd gasp, but most all the time, the crowd could care less, they just want to enjoy their vacation like everyone else.

Have danced w/ other men aboard HAL ships - both during the Black & White Balls and in the Disco...

Nobody ever says anything in the Disco (or you just can't hear them) and I recall hearing the next morning about what someone whom I didn't know said in the B&W Ball on the Noordam Inaugural - but the Officer's didn't way anything and I was too occupied having a great time w/ my gay & straight friends to hear or care...

...I figure I it's my vacation and I can be as fabulous as I want.

Of course you were dancing the light fantastic.......after a few MMM's.....I hope all is well....

Have danced w/ other men aboard HAL ships - both during the Black & White Balls and in the Disco...

Nobody ever says anything in the Disco (or you just can't hear them) and I recall hearing the next morning about what someone whom I didn't know said in the B&W Ball on the Noordam Inaugural - but the Officer's didn't way anything and I was too occupied having a great time w/ my gay & straight friends to hear or care...

...I figure I it's my vacation and I can be as fabulous as I want.

Archived