I really hate to inquire but..

tcha

Mach, I would appreciate knowing which VP at Carnival advised you of this, because it has been our experience that Customer Service won't even contact the people in wheelchair accessible staterooms to determine if they are in fact able bodied or disabled such that they need the stateroom. So the next time we are trying to book a cruise and are told the wheelchair accessible staterooms are not available, I would like to know who to contact in order to have the cruise line to contact the passengers with the booking and to determine that they in fact are disabled and need the stateroom or that these passengers could be bumped.

And I suppose you believe everything the VP says. Of course he is going to say that. It wouldn't sound very good if he said the Handicapped cruisers were out of luck would it? That is what all cruise lines say.....that they will bump pax.......but do they do it......NO.

And if that is the case shouldn't you be telling the OP that he may be 'bumped' out of his wonderful extended balcony cabin?

And if what the VP says is true why did you have to contact a cruise director who then contacted the higher ups at carnival to get them to vacate a HC cabin booked by able bodied pax so a handicapped child could cruise?

And if what the VP says is true why were the above handicapped cruisers told "not available" when they called to get a HC cabin?

Do you think that a AB cruiser that books a extended balcony handicapped cabin and then gets on the ship to be bumped to a regular non extended balcony cabin is going to be happy? In my opinion they are going to throw a fit!

Gosh, I wish all handicapped cruisers knew we could 'bump' AB cruisers out of HC cabins. Funny how we are always told "not available". :rolleyes:

Wrong side of the bed, limberger?

I hear about AB cruisers getting HC rooms all the time, so there must be some availability. If I were the OP, I would take the upgrade. It is up to Carnival to make sure they provide rooms for HC pax, not the passengers.

Archived