Your Favorite To-Do in Freeport????

GAcruiser417

We have only been once, last spring break, but are going again in June and doing the same thing, taking a taxi to Our Lucaya beach, which if memory serves me correct is $4 or $5 pp each way. At the beach, they have a water trampoline, which our kids enjoyed, along with other water activities, http://www.oceanmotionbahamas.com/.

The taxi lets you off in front of a hotel, I think its the Sheraton and you walk down a block, hang a right to get to the beach and then hang another right at the beach to find the water tramp and little hut where they sell the water sports, also a beach bar/restaurant that serves fresh conch, it was fun to watch them clean it right there. Right across the street is a shopping area, with tons of places to find souveniers and a subway, we grabbed subs there and brought them back to the beach at lunchtime.

We have only been once, last spring break, but are going again in June and doing the same thing, taking a taxi to Our Lucaya beach, which if memory serves me correct is $4 or $5 pp each way. At the beach, they have a water trampoline, which our kids enjoyed, along with other water activities, http://www.oceanmotionbahamas.com/.

The taxi lets you off in front of a hotel, I think its the Sheraton and you walk down a block, hang a right to get to the beach and then hang another right at the beach to find the water tramp and little hut where they sell the water sports, also a beach bar/restaurant that serves fresh conch, it was fun to watch them clean it right there. Right across the street is a shopping area, with tons of places to find souveniers and a subway, we grabbed subs there and brought them back to the beach at lunchtime.

ALL good ideas... and the Subway in the shopping area is by far the cheapest place to eat. With kids do this and then head back to the ship and have it to yourself for a while.

We will be in Freeport for the first time next month. What is your favorite thing to do there? We'll be traveling with 2 elementary aged kids.

Particularly if the children enjoy horseback riding, you might want to consider a trip with Trikk Pony Adventures. My 12 and 13 year old daughters rated riding on the beach and in the surf as the best part of our recent cruise (slightly higher even than swimming with dolphins). Trikk Pony does only small groups (no more that 6 persons) and they use a secluded section of beach.

We will be in Freeport for the first time next month. What is your favorite thing to do there? We'll be traveling with 2 elementary aged kids.

Not trying to be a smart alec, but my favorite thing to do in Freeport is stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities onboard without the crowds. :)

Seriously, if you ever considered skipping a port just to have an empty ship to play on, Freeport would get my vote.

Not trying to be a smart alec, but my favorite thing to do in Freeport is stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities onboard without the crowds. :)

Seriously, if you ever considered skipping a port just to have an empty ship to play on, Freeport would get my vote.

I would amend that comment about staying on by saying get off and wander thru the small "straw market", then walk over to the rebuilt Pier One restaurant... about a 10-15 min. walk... ask anyone at the straw market or bar which way to go. Then go back on board and enjoy a nice day.

IF you have 3-4 hours in port I would suggest this. GBI is more of a land vacation as it is so spread out.

Archived