Help me choose between these four excursions in Juneau

Hellolost

The honey and I have narrowed it down to these four. I think the Rainforest Garden & Mendenhall Glacier Combo might disappear.

YAY I got rid of one LMAO!!

That leaves the last three to choose from.

I'm really looking forward to Mendenhall. We happen to be doing a whale watch that day, but you could potentially do a whale watch at another port. Mendenhall is only in Juneau.

I think it depends on your activities at other ports, too. What else do you have planned?

I did this excursion in Juneau in early June 2008 and totally enjoyed it. We saw lots of whales - both humpback whales and orcas. It was quite amazing. The day started out quite cold and windy and overcast. The weather improved over the course of our boat ride and by the time we saw the orcas, the water was smooth and the sun was shining.

Also enjoyed the visit to Mendenhall Glacier - it was quite spectacular in the sunshine!!

These combo whale watch/glacier tours, have about 45 minutes at Mendenhall. Definately enough time for some photos, and getting to the Photo Point trail. There is plenty else to do as well, if of interest or into hiking. If you want more time there, then also consider an independent whale watch vendor, and a drop off/pick up at Mendenhall, then the other direction you would just take the $7 shuttle to/from the cruise dock. MUST be arranged ahead.

I have the Mendenhall/Glacier Gardens reserved, & then Orca Enterprises is picking us up at Mendenhall for whale watching. I want to see as much as possible & this saves time by not coming back into town. This is what fit into our timeframe while in port. If we were in port longer, we could use the shuttle.

If you want more time there, then also consider an independent whale watch vendor, and a drop off/pick up at Mendenhall, then the other direction you would just take the $7 shuttle to/from the cruise dock. MUST be arranged ahead.

I'm assuming that you mean you have to pre-arrange the drop off at Mendenhall, right? It's not necessary to pre-book the shuttle bus back to the ship from the glacier, correct?

We prefer to do an independent whale watch first and then be dropped off at Mendenhall. That way we can spend as much time at the glacier as we wish and catch a shuttle bus back to the ship when we are ready to leave.

If you go to Mendenhall first and arrange for the whale people to pick you up there, you are locking yourself into that specific time even though you might be ready to leave earlier or want to stay there longer.

Archived