"I wish I brought ______ on my last cruise"

summer08bride

Unless you go to the bursar's desk- many otc meds are free there. Including tylenol. Although bringing your medications is a must.

As far as a Walmart in Barcelona- well..... enough said.

We gave traveled to many foreign countries where there are Walmarts located.....enough said.

Hubby and I are likely heading to the mall for a little this afternoon (we have some gift cards to Macy's and some Macy's money expiring today) and might do a little cruise shopping while we're out

Anything you'd recommend bringing or wish you had for your last cruise? Hubby forgot his sunglasses on our honeymoon and wore mine most of the time because the gift shop only carried tacky women's styles (with rhinestones, etc) and there wasn't much outside of the resort. He'll definitely be bringing sunglasses this time around :D

What do men normally wear on "formal night" ? What kind of shoes would you recommend for ports?

I wish I brought less clothing, shoes and small items that I thought I would need.

Things I have forgotten and wished I had them...

Chapstick

Extra camera batteries

Fingernail clippers and nail file for broken nails

Tweezers for a splinter that DH had

On my last cruise, I determined that in the future, I will take more comfortable clothes (ie: what I normally wear at home) and less "dress up" clothes for everyday wear on the ship.

I am always sure to bring an insulated mug. It keeps my coffee hot in the morning and everything else cold all day long. Of course I have to keep washing it, but keeping drinks hot/cold is worth it.

Always bring extra batteries for your camera and for some reason I always bring a flashlight.

Jim

Things that I always bring:

- power strip (on HAL there is only 1 outlet in the cabin)

- nightlight

- mugs from Disney that we refill constantly with ice tea, etc.

- zip ties for our luggage, and fingernail clippers to cut 'em off

- my own pillowcase (allergies)

- Zip Lock bags for anything/everything (wet bathing suits, shampoo - - )

- swim shoes/pool shoes

- copy of passport that I keep separate from real passport, most definitely,

copy of OBC receipt!

Beach case to hold room key and ID and even money(goes around the neck)

Fabric Softner sheets as a room deodorizer:eek:

Battery operated Alarm Clock- there is no clock in the room

Dollar Bills for room service attendant.:)

Don't forget to set your watch for ship time and NOT port time when you leave the boat!!;)

Tampons - they only have a few boxes on board (that sell out quickly) at ungodly prices. Nothing like having to go knocking door to door.:eek:

YES!! I ran out in Europe and had to go to a grocery store in the middle of Vienna. They really need to get with it--those things were terrible. We really have it good here in the US.

:eek:

Amy

Benadryl & Anti-Itch cream. In Belize, I was covered in bug bites. Two days later, the none stop itching. I just get the smallest sizes that do not take up that much room.

I am glad to hear that elegant night is not as fancy as it use to be. Don't worry, DH and I will still dress appropriately but i think DH will leave the tie at home.

Stuff that we've overlooked :

Ear Plugs (the soft foam kind, works wonders to down out the noisy neighbors)

Aloe gel (the blue stuff with the pain killer is a must)

Power strip/extension cord (for the camera battery charger, cellphone charger)

Cell phone charger (cellphone doubles as alarm clock)

Plastic trashbags (for clothes, especially damp clothes that tend to ripen in hot luggage)

Small bills (everybody has their hand out at the airport, dock, room service, etc. Nobody has change for a $20, imagine that?)

Panty Hose (guess who forgot hers for Formal night, guess who had to run down to the gift shop to buy some?

Men's Belt (guess who forgot his for Formal night, guess who had to run down to the gift shop to buy a belt along with the panty hose?)

Sewing Kit (we paid something like $12.95 for a 50-cent piece of junk needle-and-thread kit on our last cruise, talk about gouging!)

Bring your own little first aid kit. Tylenol, cough drops etc...sunburn lotion, rolaids, bandaids even an ace bandage (hubby has bad knees) gel ice pack (bad back). Its just so much better to have in case you need it. I aquire large amounts of hotel stuff, shampoos, lotions, sewing kits, great to have!

Extra contact lens cases are a great way to bring items such as eyemakeup remover, eye cream, cream bleach or nair etc... things you'll only need a bit of during your trip. Just use a marker to label the caps of the case so you dont try to remove your makeup with nair!

Always bring an empty bag or two to carry home the stuff you bought!

If your balcony door is not a slider, bring a bungee cord to hold it open.

You can get just about anything you forget but you will pay!

[quote name='Cozumelandbill']We always bring air fresheners for our room and anyone traveling with us. It gets the stale smell out. We also bring 2.5 Gallon Zip Locks for shampoo during travel.[/quote]

If you bring an extension cord, the "Wallflowers" from Bath & Body works are awesome for this ... also, FEBREEZE! Works well for hotel rooms, too, if you have a pre or post cruise stay.

I'm always glad to have my earplugs. Helpful for tuning out other people when you're laying around by the pool or at the beach, or have a room in a noisy hallway. I also make sure to bring aloe, it costs a fortune at the ship's shop.

[quote name='Rapunzel41']I've been wondering why people kept talking about bringing bungee cords but I was afraid to ask! LOL![/quote]

You mean that some people actually bring their bungee cords to hold their balcony doors open? Well, that's certainly one use for them.... ;)

Archived