Caribelle Batik Prices, etc

kruisinkris

Hi! I last went to Caribelle Batik in Romney Manor back in 2006. I purchased a Pillow Cover for about $15-20. I LOVE it!

We're going back to St Kitts in less than 2 weeks. Would like purchase another Pillow Cover ... or perhaps a wall hanging ... but want to make sure I have enough money (without taking too much).

Who has been to Caribelle Batik RECENTLY & what were the prices like?

And what about the cost of a Taxi? (Just there & back to the ship). I know TOURS stop there, but I've already "been there/done that".

Thanks,

Kris

Was there 2 weeks ago, and although I did not buy a pillow cover I know my friend did....I don't think she paid over $25 for it. I can't wait for them to open their online store! We visited at the end of our day on St. Kitts and did not have enough time to really shop! I think our DH's were happy about that!

Was there 2 weeks ago, and although I did not buy a pillow cover I know my friend did....I don't think she paid over $25 for it. I can't wait for them to open their online store! We visited at the end of our day on St. Kitts and did not have enough time to really shop! I think our DH's were happy about that!

Thanks, Gail811! That's really helpful info. I'll get my $$ ready!:D

Kris

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for the recommendation of Island Hopper!

We wouldn't have had enough time to get to the Batik Factory after spending the day at the beach....and I would've been very depressed with out your help.

They are VERY close to the port... 5-7 min walking (if didn't mosey into other shops)..... GREAT SELECTION....GREAT PRICES!!! .... they had 8"x11" wall hangings for only $10....my decorator pillow covers for only $15...and a huge selection of "all things Batik" .... AND they take credit cards! They also had a lot of other great things to buy.

On our way back from the beach, our taxi driver dropped us off downtown. I didn't realized JUST HOW CLOSE it is from the pier! Island Hopper was in the circle of stores around the statue thing (sorry, can't remember what it's called). After shopping we went through the "pass through" past the museum (on the opposite side of the "square" from Island Hopper). We turned left ... lots more nice little shops... got to the "wooden bar/restaurant" area...turned right...and straight to the ship. Wow! I'd forgotten what a nice pier/downtown shopping area they have. Again...ONLY about a 5-7min walk!

I LOVE ST KITTS!!!

BTW, We ended up in Cockleshell Beach..$5 each for chairs/umbrellas...Reggae Bar kind of pricey... Beach/water nice...esp if you went to the right of the little pier (as you're facing the ocean). This was one of my 2 favorite stops this trip (& I loved ALL the stops!)

Kris

The clock in the middle of the circus is the Berkeley Memorial, named to honor Thomas B.H. Berkeley. He was a former president of the General Legislative Council in the 1880s.

Archived