Sail & Sign - credit card mishaps...don't freak

mistyinca

Actually more like the Southwest commercial...........Need to get away?

This was after they bought us a drink:o

Awesome. But, see, the downside of your theory is that usually they don't find out there is an issue with the card until they try to run it. And since the system is now automated, I doubt the bar staff knows how to submit a paper entry to the purser for your drinks. They couldn't very well let you run around charging things willy-nilly while a letter sat in your cabin, could they? :p

(Yes, these things can be handled with better sensativity by the staff. I agree with you there.)

Awesome. But, see, the downside of your theory is that usually they don't find out there is an issue with the card until they try to run it. And since the system is now automated, I doubt the bar staff knows how to submit a paper entry to the purser for your drinks. They couldn't very well let you run around charging things willy-nilly while a letter sat in your cabin, could they? :p

(Yes, these things can be handled with better sensativity by the staff. I agree with you there.)

Well at the end of the cruise they have no problem calling peoples names over the loud speaker to get their attention:D

They could handle it much better if they chose to.........

Actually when you have spent your cash hold they will put in for another one that is when they know it has been denied........

Well at the end of the cruise they have no problem calling peoples names over the loud speaker to get their attention:D

They could handle much better if they chose to.........

That's different. They intentionally *want* to cause them shame.

But yes, they can handle it much better if they chose to ... like having a paper entry back up system where by the bar rights you up a ticket, you finish your drink, go down to the purser, present the problem and the ticket and sort it all out.

like having a paper entry back up system where by the bar rights you up a ticket, you finish your drink, go down to the purser, present the problem and the ticket and sort it all out.

How many would actually go to the P. Desk besides a couple of awesome CC group members??? HAHAHAHA

That's different. They intentionally *want* to cause them shame.

But yes, they can handle it much better if they chose to ... like having a paper entry back up system where by the bar rights you up a ticket, you finish your drink, go down to the purser, present the problem and the ticket and sort it all out.

Or they could have nice little stickers or something on the ticket (which is processed) so that when signing your attention could be discretely directed to the "message". If you attempt another charge prior to "following the directions" guess what... let them turn it up a notch.

Diplomacy and tact (though some cruisers will not understand or appreciate these concepts :eek: ) !

Tom

If you find yourself having repeated problems with your card, you need to look for something like that magnet that was erasing their card memory. Another thing that can do the same thing is putting the card directly next to another with a magnetic strip, with the strips touching each other. Those strips talk to each other. Well sort of. They do mess up the memory, and your card won't work. .

Yes the other half had a lot of problems , It was her cell phone zaping the card. She put the SS card in the same place she keeps the cell phone. Live and learn.

I think I'm gonna nominate Tom to be added to the Board of Directors. You'll like sitting on the board, Tom. It's a lot of sitting around talking and getting paid a lot of money for it. ;)

I dunno... could I cruise for FREE (and would they let me play with FAKE chips at the Blackjack table :D) ?

Tom

Sister's S&S card kept getting deactivated and we finally after 3 new ones figured out that she had a small notepad in her purse that had a magnetic closure on it......As soon as she removed that, no more problems......

This kept happening to my son's friends because their cell phones kept deactivating them.

Archived