For all those that have booked a 2010 Transatlantic

Cruise Junky

Wondering if you can help...I don't want to be rude and ask pricing, but...for those that have booked, can you tell me if you paid anywhere near the prices on the Princess website? (without going into detail of course) I thought there were some monster deals on the TransAtlantics according to the PDF that was posted here. I received a quote today from a company that I've always thought had the best prices and it was not. Just curious.

Tx

I received pricing on the Grand 4/9/10 similar to what is on the PDF under group rates...not sure why it is just about double on the Princess website???

Liz

Good, that was one quote that I got today. Thanks for that. Weird that the Princess site is almost double!

At first I thought my TA must be quoting the price for one after seeing the Princess website:eek:. I don't understand it either...I would think the website price would keep people from booking. I thought possibly they were pricing it high so later they could have a two for one sale!

Liz

At first I thought my TA must be quoting the price for one after seeing the Princess website:eek:. I don't understand it either...I would think the website price would keep people from booking. I thought possibly they were pricing it high so later they could have a two for one sale!

Liz

At least it leaves good cabins available ;)

The Princess website prices are completely out of whack with what the real price is for those 2010 Transatlantics. RCCL and NCL have cruises of similar length at the same time at roughly half of what Princess shows. The same cruise on Princess in 2009 has sold since I started looking at it in December at roughly half of what is posted for 2010. And I booked the 2010 cruise yesterday with a TA at roughly half of what shows on the website, with a $200 (total) deposit and $50/cabin OBC to boot.

While I didn't book a Transatlantic - I booked a 12-night British Isles cruise for 2010. The difference in price for 3 people in the least expensive inside cabin is $1215 - or a 21% discount from my online travel agency.

This is a general question because I know that TA's cannot be named here.

Are these better prices from all travel agents or just some specific ones?? I am asking because I have never used a travel agent in my life but I know there are big ones and there are small ones. No names - just general info.

Thank you

This is a general question because I know that TA's cannot be named here.

Are these better prices from all travel agents or just some specific ones?? I am asking because I have never used a travel agent in my life but I know there are big ones and there are small ones. No names - just general info.

Thank you

First - you need to know what Princess is charging to know if another travel agent is discounting the cruise. I have used only two online agencies, depending on who has the better price. But you can definitely do much better than the prices on Princess's web site now. An exception is when I booked my May 2009 Alaska cruise in January during Princess's big sale. My online discounters didn't get close to the Princess price.

I have seen the prices on Princess:eek: I really like booking directly with Princess because you can call anytime for info and changes.

I may have to shop for a TA.

We booked a Transatlantic today. Price on Princess's website is around $3,500 US :eek: I got 4 quotes, three came in at around $1,800 pp and one came in at $3,200 pp. The TA I always use was the $3,200 pp, shocking!!! When I started talking to the one that I booked it with she said they were given an amazing group rate, obviously the TA that I usually use, didn't have any group space booked on that cruise. It really pays to shop around and get quotes even if you think you're using a good discount TA.

I have seen the prices on Princess:eek: I really like booking directly with Princess because you can call anytime for info and changes.

I may have to shop for a TA.

Like you, I prefer booking with Princess, but just booked my transatlantic with an online TA because of the vast difference in price. Good luck!

Archived