what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

HI

We had a female New Zealand Tour guide and as we were touring I was up front as not to miss anything. As we were moving on and I was chatting with her I thought I heard her say that I had a "sweet ass". A little while later she said it again. I mentioned it to my wife as she rolls her eyes at me.

After the tour I found out that in New Zealand a common saying is "sweet as" (like sweet as honey). It is used like we would reply "cool" to someone who told us something interesting.

This is more of a visual..

Last year on the Carnival Victory there was this very large family group of Indians (possibly Pakistani or Bangledash). I was on the deck above the hot tub looking down over the railing and they were all in there together (ranging in ages from 8-80) with steam and bubbles coming over the side. It looked just like the scenes in a cartoon when the canibals have the people in a large kettle over an open fire.

Definitely more of a visual thing :)

This is more of a visual..

Last year on the Carnival Victory there was this very large family group of Indians (possibly Pakistani or Bangledash). I was on the deck above the hot tub looking down over the railing and they were all in there together (ranging in ages from 8-80) with steam and bubbles coming over the side. It looked just like the scenes in a cartoon when the canibals have the people in a large kettle over an open fire.

Definitely more of a visual thing :)

Well I can visualize it just fine....:D

(the theater of the mind is a great place, well mine is anyway);)

We were on a mexican riviera cruise and were docked in Cabo and decided to go to one of the beaches. My son, 10 at the time was in the waves with some kids he met on the ship. All of a sudden he comes running out of the water with a jellyfish attached to his arm. He gets very upset easily and has bad asthma so he was crying, screaming and having trouble breathing. I am not good in panic situations myself and just stood there motionless. A woman on the beach ran over and pulled the jellyfish off. Another local man came and started spraying him with windex. He was still hysterical until another local came over and whipped out his "wee wee" and started peeing on my son's arm. He yanked his arm back and immediately stopped crying and said in shock "Mom, why is that man peeing on me?".

We returned to the ship and went to see the nurse who gave him vinegar to apply and several advil. He was fine but still has a scar and still remembers being urinated on in Mexico.

We were on a mexican riviera cruise and were docked in Cabo and decided to go to one of the beaches. My son, 10 at the time was in the waves with some kids he met on the ship. All of a sudden he comes running out of the water with a jellyfish attached to his arm. He gets very upset easily and has bad asthma so he was crying, screaming and having trouble breathing. I am not good in panic situations myself and just stood there motionless. A woman on the beach ran over and pulled the jellyfish off. Another local man came and started spraying him with windex. He was still hysterical until another local came over and whipped out his "wee wee" and started peeing on my son's arm. He yanked his arm back and immediately stopped crying and said in shock "Mom, why is that man peeing on me?".

We returned to the ship and went to see the nurse who gave him vinegar to apply and several advil. He was fine but still has a scar and still remembers being urinated on in Mexico.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! IMHO this was the best story yet! It reminds me of the Friends episode when they have to pee on Monica at the beach for a jellyfish......one of my favorite episodes!!!! Thanks for the laugh:D

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! IMHO this was the best story yet! It reminds me of the Friends episode when they have to pee on Monica at the beach for a jellyfish......one of my favorite episodes!!!! Thanks for the laugh:D

Oh I agree, that is a good one!!

I've just had such fun reading these as I prepare for my next cruise next week. I started writing down all my "funnies".

Here's a pre-cruise story:

We traveled on the Disney Wonder when my son was 5 and my daughter was about 1. My parents also joined us. We came down a day early and went to Disney. My daughter was in one of those rental strollers. We went to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. You need to park the strollers outside and you go through a dark maze and then board a boat for the ride. My father was wheeling the stroller with my daughter so I told him to leave the stroller there and proceeded to run after my son who had already entered the cave. We got on the boat and the ride started. I asked my father to hand me my daughter and he said (this is true!), "you told me to leave the stroller outside". I screamed that he was supposed to take her out first. This was the looongest ride I was ever on. I kept yelling for help but they said we just had to finish the ride.

When we got off, she was fine but I aged 10 years! She's 9 now and has been told the story and constantly reminds my father of when he left her outside the ride for anyone to steal!

Here's one last one for today:

I traveled with my family and parents to Hawaii for a cruise on the NCL Star. This was right after 9/11 and security was tight and the machines at the ports were new to everyone. We took a tour to the macadamia factory and bought nuts. My mom was the first to go through security when we were getting back onto the ship and there was a long line behind her. They made her open her bags and put everything through. Everyone from the tour was with us and she turned around and screamed, "Get ready everyone, they're going to check your nuts!)

I nearly fell on the floor and so did alot of other people. My poor mother had no idea why everyone was laughing.

"Get ready everyone, they're going to check your nuts!)

OMG that is absolutely hilarious! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard - that's so funny! Sometimes parents are able to get back at us for all the times we embarrassed them as children.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

OMG that is absolutely hilarious! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard - that's so funny! Sometimes parents are able to get back at us for all the times we embarrassed them as children.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

i love your cheerleader cat picture.

I thought the nude security guard who wore nothing but a belt with a billy club was pretty funny----oh, and he had a fanny pack with change (besides keeping the peace, he rented lounge chairs. This was years ago---is he still around? He sure had a great tan . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a RCC last year out of the port of Los Angeles; a lady who was on her first cruise was complaining to the front desk that she did not like her view from her balcony cabin as it was overlooking the the cruise terminal building...

Did she really think that would be the same view all week???

We were aboard the "last cruise" of the original "Love Boat" (Pacific Princess) from NY to Rome 2 years ago. There was a couple aboard who each carried a Teddy Bear with them, everywhere, all day long. Whenever they sat down to eat or drink, the bears sat on the table and "shared" with them. Whenever they won at Trivia (which seemed like every day) the bears collected the prizes. I think the bears even had different outfits, including tux and formal for the formal nights. Everyone on board was familiar with the "bear people".

Hey Hawk;

We were on that cruise and I remember the "bear people". I went on a day trip to Fatima and the bear people were also on that side trip with their stuffed buddies. What a great cruise that was! A few months later I was watching the Travel Channel and saw us all, including the bear people on a program featuring the Love Boat.

I was on a RCC last year out of the port of Los Angeles; a lady who was on her first cruise was complaining to the front desk that she did not like her view from her balcony cabin as it was overlooking the the cruise terminal building...

Did she really think that would be the same view all week???

Just curious. Was she blonde? :rolleyes:

There was this lady and I guess it was her friend that were on the Crown 8/28/07 cruise. They were always and I mean ALWAYS dressed up in long ball gowns and huge wide brimmed hats with fur trimming. I was just like, these women are crazy. Even during embarkation and dembarkation ( I saw the embarkation photos)

Thank goodness for wild and crazy people! They fill our memories with good times! They are not mean, they are not angry, they are not out to get anyone, they are only out to have a good time and entertain us. You gotta love them! :D

Many years ago my wife and I shared a cabin with another couple (friends of ours) on the Fairstar around Asia. We had an arrangement that if either couple was feeling frisky and needed some privacy we would leave a pair of thongs (flip flops) outside the door. One night around midnight my wife and I decided to turn in after partying hard and secretly I hoped we might be able to put the thongs out. We had lost touch with our friends earlier that evening. Imagine my horror when we got to the cabin and found a pair of thongs outside the cabin door. Beaten by our friends. I was pretty tired and ready for bed so I just exclaimed *&$# it and started to walk away. We then heard giggles from the cabin and our friends opened the door. They had set us up and we fell for it hook, line and sinker.