Lemonade & hot chocolate question

Sailaways_

I'll be going on my second cruise on Princess to Alaska in June and was wondering about two things. If anyone who's been on Princess in Alaska could answer these, I'd really appreciate it!

1. Since this is a cold weather destination, will there still be lemonade in the HC? I wasn't able to get a glass at all on my last cruise, which was super disappointing bc lemonade is my favorite drink! :o

2. And also because of the cold weather, will hot chocolate be free in the DR and HC? I think I saw a press release about this, but it was a long time ago. Is it in the dispensers or are there hot chocolate packets?

Lemonade and ice tea are available in the HC - not sure if lemonade is avail at night there but definately at lunch and it is very good.

Hot chocolate is sold for nominal amount, I believe $2 but we usually get the coffee card and we get hot chocolate for free along with brewed coffee from coffee bar, and specialy tea from the same coffee bar.

we have brought little HC specialty packets and mixed with hot water and a little extra punch ;)

hope that helps..

I'll be going on my second cruise on Princess to Alaska in June and was wondering about two things. If anyone who's been on Princess in Alaska could answer these, I'd really appreciate it!

1. Since this is a cold weather destination, will there still be lemonade in the HC? I wasn't able to get a glass at all on my last cruise, which was super disappointing bc lemonade is my favorite drink! :o

2. And also because of the cold weather, will hot chocolate be free in the DR and HC? I think I saw a press release about this, but it was a long time ago. Is it in the dispensers or are there hot chocolate packets?

If you don't see lemonade in the HC, just ask one of the servers. On our last cruise it was not visible, they would bring it to you in the HC but you had to ask for it. But I think this is the only place it is offered.

I also read that press release and if memory serves me correctly, the hot chocolate was served complimentary when sailing through senic areas, on deck. I don't remember reading where it was complimentary in the HC or diningroom anymore though. I did read one post where the passengers said they bring huge pots of Hot Chocolate out on deck and serve all those there, no charge.

If you don't see lemonade in the HC, just ask one of the servers. On our last cruise it was not visible, they would bring it to you in the HC but you had to ask for it. But I think this is the only place it is offered.

I also read that press release and if memory serves me correctly, the hot chocolate was served complimentary when sailing through senic areas, on deck. I don't remember reading where it was complimentary in the HC or diningroom anymore though. I did read one post where the passengers said they bring huge pots of Hot Chocolate out on deck and serve all those there, no charge.

The lemonade is never visable, you always have to ask for it. It is much easier to get during slow periods in the HC. It was obviously not Fresh lemonade, so I still can not understand why they dont have it in a dispenser by the ice tea. I like making Arnold Palmers when I drink and it was a pain to always have to ask and wait for the lemonade.

The lemonade is never visable, you always have to ask for it. It is much easier to get during slow periods in the HC. It was obviously not Fresh lemonade, so I still can not understand why they dont have it in a dispenser by the ice tea. I like making Arnold Palmers when I drink and it was a pain to always have to ask and wait for the lemonade.

Well heck! I thought it was just not out because our last cruise they had just began serving it in the HC. Guess they must be hiding it hoping nobody will ask hey? ;)

Yes, I asked the servers in the HC and they either told me there was no lemonade or tried to sell me an ultimate kids' card on multiple occasions. :mad: One of the perks of being a teenager I guess - not being taken seriously. :rolleyes: I will be more proactive this time and try to talk to someone if it happens again, tho.

It's too bad that the hot chocolate is only on deck, it would be nice to have it in the DR/HC too. It's a nice treat tho.

thanks for all the input, guys!

It has been 4 years since we have cruised, but I remember being able to order hot chocolate in the dining room at breakfast and from room service without an extra charge. It came in a pot with more than one serving, very good. When we sailed to Alaska there was a charge for hot chocolate on deck. You could always pack the little packets and make your own just before going out on deck.

It has been 4 years since we have cruised, but I remember being able to order hot chocolate in the dining room at breakfast and from room service without an extra charge. It came in a pot with more than one serving, very good. When we sailed to Alaska there was a charge for hot chocolate on deck. You could always pack the little packets and make your own just before going out on deck.

Lots of changes over the last 4 years, I am sorry to say. No more little packets available, unless you bring your own. And hot chocolate is charged for in most other places onboard.

We cruised on the Sapphire and Island Princess to Alaska in 2007 and 2008. There is a charge for Hot Chocolate on deck and in the dining room. They make the hot chocolate with water and a chocolate packet. It's not that good! The best hot chocolate is from the International Cafe, and like Vickie said below, if you buy a coffee card for specialty drinks (lattes, cappuchinos. etc) you can all the coffee, tea and hot chocolate you want for free.

Yes, I asked the servers in the HC and they either told me there was no lemonade or tried to sell me an ultimate kids' card on multiple occasions. :mad: One of the perks of being a teenager I guess - not being taken seriously. :rolleyes: I will be more proactive this time and try to talk to someone if it happens again, tho.

It's too bad that the hot chocolate is only on deck, it would be nice to have it in the DR/HC too. It's a nice treat tho.

thanks for all the input, guys!

I've never heard of an "ultimate kids card".....is this different than the regular soda card???

Archived