Itinerary Change for 10 day Caribbean cruise on Gem

jlyn1216

Ok, I know of the itinerary change, but why did they take the cruise off the site for all the dates? Is it sold out or are they just updating? Hopefully with a drop in price. Can anyone let me know what is going on? Jamie

Is this the old or new January 2010 Gem itinerary?

Day 1 New York (Manhattan), NY 4:00pm

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00pm-11:59pm

Day 5 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 9:00am-6:00pm

Day 6 St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00am-5:00pm

Day 7 St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 8:00am-5:00pm

Day 8 Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00am-1:00pm

Day 9 At Sea

Day 10 At Sea

Day 11 New York (Manhattan), NY 10:00am

Is this the old or new January 2010 Gem itinerary?

Day 1 New York (Manhattan), NY 4:00pm

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00pm-11:59pm

Day 5 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 9:00am-6:00pm

Day 6 St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00am-5:00pm

Day 7 St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 8:00am-5:00pm

Day 8 Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00am-1:00pm

Day 9 At Sea

Day 10 At Sea

Day 11 New York (Manhattan), NY 10:00am

That's the new one.

All of the Jan.2010 cruises on Gem "vanished" since Thursday, of course just my luck I'm booked for a 01/24:mad:

I'm also booked for January - for the 3rd. You can get the new itinerary by logging in to My NCL. I had already booked golf excursions for Barbados and Antigua - now Barbados is gone and there are no excursions listed for Antigua. Anyone know what will happen?

Wish they had at least sent an e-mail - not fond of getting into Puerto Rico so late (although I do like the longer day on St Thomas).

I did not book directly with NCL used a TA, so logging in to see the changes is out of the question. Someone did post an e-mail received from NCL which states the changes are due to a whales migration

I'm also booked for January - for the 3rd. You can get the new itinerary by logging in to My NCL. I had already booked golf excursions for Barbados and Antigua - now Barbados is gone and there are no excursions listed for Antigua. Anyone know what will happen?

Wish they had at least sent an e-mail - not fond of getting into Puerto Rico so late (although I do like the longer day on St Thomas).

I received my email about this yesterday.

I am assuming that the Antigua and St. Thomas excursions have been temporarily removed because they need to find out what is available on the new days that we will be docking there. In St. Thomas we're also there longer which means they may be able to offer more than they previously did.

It's just a matter of being patient.

Anyone else curious as to why the email, about the whales causing the change, is signed by the Senior VP of Revenue Management??? :rolleyes:

You're so right. I completely believe that when they adjusted our arrival into St. Thomas this year on this same cruise to an hour later, that it was because of the whales. This however is just a money-saving load of hooey. :rolleyes:

You're so right. I completely believe that when they adjusted our arrival into St. Thomas this year on this same cruise to an hour later, that it was because of the whales. This however is just a money-saving load of hooey. :rolleyes:

It was also just pointed out to me that we leave Tortola back to NY at the same time....why wasn't this adjusted. I think a few of the 10 day cruises got into NY a bit late this past season so why didn't they adjust or just get rid of Tortola?

Why had they already changed the itinerary for 2011 a few months ago when they were posted...did they know about the whales for 2011 then?

Oh well, since this is our only NCL option out of NY for the Winter months I guess we'll just be glad that we do have a ship in NY and make the best of it.

And how about them giving us an extra hour at arrival back, anyone noticed it's 10am instead of 9am as it was this year? Probably their way of trying to keep our chat here down, "Don't blame us blame the whales!"

I received my email about this yesterday.

I am assuming that the Antigua and St. Thomas excursions have been temporarily removed because they need to find out what is available on the new days that we will be docking there. In St. Thomas we're also there longer which means they may be able to offer more than they previously did.

It's just a matter of being patient.

Yes, I'm sure they'll get the new excursions up sometime soon. I was just wondering what happened to the ones I booked. Guess I'll just wait until everything's up and then see if the Antigua one still is there.

Thanks for replying Cubechick.

Archived