Cruise Docs Question

careywv

My cruise docs arrived in the mail today...woohoo!! :D

We have 3 passengers in our party - and I only received 2 boarding passes in the doc. One for my DH and one for my MIL. Shouldn't there have been one for me also?

You just need a funpass. The boarding pass you fill out if you are bringing a BC instead of a passport.

My mom had the same thing. All of our online docs at carnival's web site just had the basics, the fun pass and luggage tags, but my mom, who accidentally clicked the "BC and DL" for the ID section, also had a boarding pass in her docs.

Once I went online, clicked "Passport," and entered her passport #, she didn't need a boarding pass anymore.

No, my TA mailed me the cruise docs today.

Should I be filling something out online? I was never directed to...

Sounds like your T/A should go back to school, I don't know if you know but we are way deep into the digital era.

Today Carnival has whats call eDocs. You can log onto their website and retrieve the docs right off their website. No worries of ever wondering if UPS or Fedex will ever deliver your docs.

You can print them out there and also print out your Luggage Tags as well.

You still have to log on to Carnival's Website, register and fill out your FunPass. This is like Pre-Registering. If ever you forget your boarding passes you are ok because you pre-registered by filling out your FunPass and youre in their computer system.

Log on to Carnival and get that done now.

Fred

Sounds like your T/A should go back to school, I don't know if you know but we are way deep into the digital era.

Today Carnival has whats call eDocs. You can log onto their website and retrieve the docs right off their website. No worries of ever wondering if UPS or Fedex will ever deliver your docs.

You can print them out there and also print out your Luggage Tags as well.

You still have to log on to Carnival's Website, register and fill out your FunPass. This is like Pre-Registering. If ever you forget your boarding passes you are ok because you pre-registered by filling out your FunPass and youre in their computer system.

Log on to Carnival and get that done now.

Fred

Well, this is rude.* Some people prefer old fashioned things. I, for one, love the real deal and anytime I book far enough in advance, I refuse edocs.

(*I am still drinking my morning coffee, so I may be a little ill and overly sensitive.:o)

Edocs is the way everything is moving now days.

Our neighbor a first time cruiser and cruising with us, had booked directly with Carnival. Never went online to register or set up the edocs. We has assumed they would still receive the hard copy doc's. About 3 days before the cruise I called them to ask if they ever received any printed docs. They had not. He came over and I helped them register, enter all their data and print the fun pass. All was good and check in went smooth.

My cruise is two weeks from today. I haven't received my documents. I prefer to have them mailed to me, rather than print them myself, but I guess that is what is going to happen:mad: I don't have a printer at home, so will have to go to the library lol.

Well, this is rude.* Some people prefer old fashioned things. I, for one, love the real deal and anytime I book far enough in advance, I refuse edocs.

(*I am still drinking my morning coffee, so I may be a little ill and overly sensitive.:o)

I too suspect, probably sooner than later, that paper docs will be a thing of the past.

Actually, there are lots of benefits to edocs, for example, this thread. The OP didn't get his funpass....

He can go online and in 90 seconds, he has a boarding pass. Can't do that with paper docs.

Edocs is the way everything is moving now days.

Yes, everything is "going" that way, but you are still ALLOWED to get paper docs. We do it. I prefer the luggage tags that come that way. I do think it's rude of Fred to respond as if the op did something wrong by wanting paper docs. Geez people.

I actually booked through Carnival and transferred to a TA later, neither the PVP or my TA mentioned doing anything online.

I'm all for doing things electronically, but I didn't know that was an option. Now that I know, I will use that in the future. I will also go online and fill out all of the other information. Thanks! :)

All you really need to print out after you register is your Fun Pass and luggage tags. Last cruise I printed everything out and no one looked at anything but the Fun Pass. All you need are a passport; another photo ID, and Fun Pass. :)

Archived