Help with hotel in New Orleans

like2cruise

We are looking for a pre-cruise hotel March 19, 2005. We are booked at the Embassy Suites for $113.00 per night includes cocktail hour if our flights are on time and breakfast. But I have read lots of mixed reviews. I just had Hotwire e-mail me that the 4 star hotel for that night has dropped $130.00 and is now $87.00. Which is either the Sheraton on Canal Street or the Hyatt at Poydras Plaza. On the map all 3 hotels look pretty close to each other. Opinions from any one that has stayed at any of these hotels is much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from New Orleans and stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Very nice hotel, within walking distance to both French Quarters and river and they offer shuttles to most places every hour. They also offer a shuttle to the pier for no charge. Reasonable rates...$105 Canadian so that would be around $85 US. Enjoyed it very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Try Priceline. I got the French Quarter Marriott for $46. Its a really nice hotel right on Canal St and I've stayed there twice before. Great location and a nice upscale establishment. When bidding just select 4 star, french quarter and it looks between the Marriott and other similar hotels in that location.

I found out about it via the website below, where folks post what they bid and what bids were accepted for what hotels... so you have an idea of what price to try.

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Hope this helps!

Andrea in Atlanta

• 3 weeks later...

I have received the Marriott a few times for $50. Just keep bidding every 3 days. I check biddingfortravel to see what the hotels are going for. $50 seems to be the going price and it's right in the middle of everything. The streetcar stops directly in front of the hotel.

Archived