Pacific princess - 2010 med pricing - ouch!!!

LegalEagle2012

Hi All

Eagerly got some price quotes for the 2010 Pacific Princess cruises to the Holy Land and also the Agean and Black Sea and OUCH!!!

They both come in at almost £9,000 or $12,600 for 2 adults and 2 children in a balcony cabin. This does include flights but without flights the total was just under £7000. This seems extremely high.

Having learned my lesson this time I am going to get some US agent quotes then at least price drops will be honoured.

DH wants to wait until we have done our first Princess cruise in July and then get some Future Credits - but I am concerned that, especially as -PP is a little ship, we will lose out on the 3/4th person cabins.

Praying for a lottery win!

K

In your experience where would be the cheapest place to book a Cruise on the Pacific Princess I`m looking at the Black Sea,Aegean cruise in August 2010.

Thanks in advance

Sorry forgot to mention UK Customer

In your experience where would be the cheapest place to book a Cruise on the Pacific Princess I`m looking at the Black Sea,Aegean cruise in August 2010.

Thanks in advance

Sorry forgot to mention UK Customer

We are not allowed to recommend travel agents or websites here.

We are also looking at possibly booking Princess for the first time in 2010, although the prices are too high at the moment. Are you saying that if we book through a UK TA we will not get price drops or does it depend on the TA? We have booked through a uk TA before but only to sail Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and price drops have always been honoured. Thanks.

We just booked the Ocean Princess (formerly Tahitian) for fall of 2010 and you're right - prices are high. I suspect they will come down.

Can't blame you for booking now with as limited as the quad cabins are. When you go on your next cruise in July, just buy an FCC then and have your US agent apply it to your booking for 2010. If you get a good agent, they'll know how to do this. :)

Thanks Lady Jag - that is, most probably, what we will do. I am sure we will enjoy Princess and want to come back.

Will start looking at US based agent prices too.

Princess UK will not honour any sort of price drop at all. The only option available is to cancel, lose your £500 + deposit, and re-book. That would, of course, mean that any price drop had to be in excess of your deposit.

K

My wife and I were on the Island Princess doing the Panama Canal 2 weeks ago and enquired about a 2010 cruise.

The Future Cruise rep urged us not to try and book with a US TA as Princess have the right to refuse your booking at any time.

We have cruised 8 times now with Princess and the argument used by the Future Cruise reps regarding UK TAs not passing on price drops is that if we book early enough we get the best prices anyway!

We sail with Celebrity in July so it will be interesting to compare with Princess and NCL.

Archived