Clothing Steamers Reviews

webgal318

Hi

Does anyone out there know of a clothing steamer that works well?

Thanks

Sylvia

After doing some extensive research (both here and on the net) I've found that the most highly recommended travel steamer is the Jiffy Esteam. It is typically $69.99, but I found a GREAT bargain on AllBrands.com, where it is $49.99 with free shipping. The are also running a coupon now for $5 dollars off $25, making my grand total $44 shipped!

I should be receiving it any day now :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I took a steamer on a Royal Caribbean Mexican Riviera cruise about a year ago. Didn't get one piece of luggage and found out from room steward that my luggage was in the bowels of the ship. After quite the adventure finding my way down down down ... found out they saw the steamer on some scanner and kept my luggage. I explained - it's not an iron - it's a steamer. Sorry. They took it. :( It was waiting on a table outside the terminal when we debarked at the end of the cruise.

We had good results from a Con-Air clothes steamer that has a removable water reservoir. It gets hot and the steam really penetrates the fabric. We use it on hanging clothes to let gravity help pull out the wrinkles. Its about 12-14 inches long and has a decently-long cord.

I just read a post where someone had her steamer confiscated. Aren't they allowed? Has anyone had a problem?

I just received my Jiffy E Steam personal steamer and it works just great and I hope that I will be able to bring it with me on my next cruise.

Thanks

Sylvia

I'm a fanatic about attacking wrinkles and had always brought a very small travel iron with me. On our last RCCL cruise, I took my travel iron (ok, so it's not a steamer...) and it was confiscated. I had taken this iron on 14 other cruises and was totally surprised when it didn't make it. We also had to go down to the bowels of the ship to retrieve one suitcase. We were able to pick it up at the end of the cruise.

I've seen a tip on another thread. Take an empty spray bottle. Fill it with water, squirt your clothes and then aim your hairdryer on the clothes. I've tried it at home and it does work.

I'm a fanatic about attacking wrinkles and had always brought a very small travel iron with me. On our last RCCL cruise, I took my travel iron (ok, so it's not a steamer...) and it was confiscated. I had taken this iron on 14 other cruises and was totally surprised when it didn't make it. We also had to go down to the bowels of the ship to retrieve one suitcase. We were able to pick it up at the end of the cruise.

I've seen a tip on another thread. Take an empty spray bottle. Fill it with water, squirt your clothes and then aim your hairdryer on the clothes. I've tried it at home and it does work.

Nice tip! So, hairdryers are allowed?

Nice tip! So, hairdryers are allowed?

There's a (provided) hairdryer in the bathroom.

Steamers (and anything that generates significant heat) is not permitted on board due to fire regulations (and I don't blame them).

Tip 1) There are some wrinkle removal sprays available

Tip 2) you can get your clothes PRESSED on board for 1/2 the laudry fee (typically). $2.00 to get a shirt pressed is a way better deal to me than buying a steamer, having to pack 5 pounds worth of steamer, having it confiscated etc etc

• 1 month later...

the best ever steamer is the Joy Mangano from HSN (home shopping network). I have carried it on in my carry on Princess no problem. It is the best steamer I have ever owned around $40 -45. Comes in a variety of colors too. Will steam anything holds lots of water, heats up fast, cord folds up inside unit and has auto shut off. Glad to see another grey lover too.

After doing some extensive research (both here and on the net) I've found that the most highly recommended travel steamer is the Jiffy Esteam. It is typically $69.99, but I found a GREAT bargain on AllBrands.com, where it is $49.99 with free shipping. The are also running a coupon now for $5 dollars off $25, making my grand total $44 shipped!

I should be receiving it any day now :-)

Wouldn't that be bulky for traveling? I have a smaller travel size-it is okay-but I have found Downy Wrinkle releaser and the door of the bathroom closed to keep the steam in (hang garment on back of the door) and running the shower for 5 minutes works just as well, if not better.

I have also had things pressed-for a formal gown it costs $7.

Archived