Liberty v. Valor - Compare, Contrast, Pro's, Con's

Suncat

I'm trying Carnival for the first time and I am trying to decide which ship. I'm leaning towards the west itinerary this time and Valor is the ship at the time I'm sailing, but if the Liberty is a better ship (newer, more ammenities, etc.) I would not mind going on the eastern itinerary. Can anyone share their Pro/Con experience(s).

Thanks!

My wife and I have been on both ships. They are sister ship no real difference in the two. They are both beautiful, and we had as much fun on one as we did the other. It depends on which island you would like to see. The only different there was for us was the Valor was a seven day (3 island) cruise and the Liberty was a eight day (5 island). You will have a great time on either of the ships. Happy Sailing!

We loved Valor. Haven't been on Liberty, but since it is a sister ship to Valor, the layout of the ship and the amenities will be the same on both ships. Both are Conquest class ships.

Valor was launched in 2004. Liberty in 2005. So, not a lot of difference there. I know Valor went through dry-dock about a year ago. Not sure when or if Liberty has been in dry-dock.

We have done both Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries and enjoyed both very much. We did Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martin on Eastern. For Western, we went to Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.

If you are leaning towards the Western itinerary, I believe you would really enjoy the Valor. Good luck! :)

I have been on the Liberty 3 times and the Valor 4 times. They are both great ships, identical except for decoration and the restaurant names. Pick the better itinerary or better cabin location for you and enjoy the ride.

• 1 month later...

I'll give my two cents to make you feel better about your choice. I have been on each twice and will be on the Valor again next week.

The Liberty is just so much nicer looking that it actually looked more like a princess ship! We kept saying "wow, can't believe how nice it looks!".

We did eastern on Valor and Liberty.

The Liberty eastern is a beach lovers dream, and I think that is what the eastern carrib is all about. Turk Caicos and Half Moon Cay (HMC was the highlight).Puerto Rico is the weakest point of the cruise, but our daughters enjoyed seeing the forts.

The Valor, imho, is the tackiest looking of all the Conquest class ships. However, if you want to do the western, it has the best itenary hands down. Not one of the four (!) ports is a loser.

In terms of service and ammenties, close your eyes; they'll be identical.

A coworker of mine told me yesterday that she is going on the Liberty and I told her that she was real lucky!

• 2 weeks later...
I'll give my two cents to make you feel better about your choice. I have been on each twice and will be on the Valor again next week.

The Liberty is just so much nicer looking that it actually looked more like a princess ship! We kept saying "wow, can't believe how nice it looks!".

We did eastern on Valor and Liberty.

The Liberty eastern is a beach lovers dream, and I think that is what the eastern carrib is all about. Turk Caicos and Half Moon Cay (HMC was the highlight).Puerto Rico is the weakest point of the cruise, but our daughters enjoyed seeing the forts.

The Valor, imho, is the tackiest looking of all the Conquest class ships. However, if you want to do the western, it has the best itenary hands down. Not one of the four (!) ports is a loser.

In terms of service and ammenties, close your eyes; they'll be identical.

A coworker of mine told me yesterday that she is going on the Liberty and I told her that she was real lucky!

Thanks for your two cents! I love beaches! I love any cruise. It's really not so much the ship, it's really about what you make it! If the ship is good, it's an added bonus. As you can see though, I think I've been on some pretty nice Princess cruise ships, so I got a little worried.....

Thanks again! Happy cruising!

I have been on both. I loved the Liberty and thought the decor on Valor too American themed-but you are american, so you might like it--I am Canadian....

Liberty did Valor's route last Sept--thanks to hurricane Ike. I then did it again in Jan 09 and had just as much fun in ports on different tours. Belize amazing, Roatan is incredible, and of course, Grand Cayman is just the best!!!! I won't comment on Cozumel, I stayed on board--it is my least fave port!!!!!

Choose the cruise with the route you would like to see and then go from there. The Liberty does an amazing Exotic East cruise that stops at HMC--this stop is so worth going to!!!! The private island has won awards year after year as best private island and I know why--it is paradise!!!

Thanks for your two cents! I love beaches! I love any cruise. It's really not so much the ship, it's really about what you make it! If the ship is good, it's an added bonus. As you can see though, I think I've been on some pretty nice Princess cruise ships, so I got a little worried.....

Thanks again! Happy cruising!

Although the Liberty IMO has the nicest decor of the Carnival fleet.........I wouldn't compare it to Princess......:D But that being said I think you will enjoy it........I have been on both the Valor and Liberty and between the 2 Liberty wins hands down......but then again for me it would depend on ports.....so I wouldn't hesitate to sail either one again........

Archived