Azamara tours St Petersburg

bgp

I am going to Scand and St Petersburg in June. Any suggestion for tours(offered by Azamara) in Russia. We are there three days

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul !

My suggestion is to check out your Roll Call. You can often find a great deal of information there. I believe you are sailing on Journey. If you can let me know your ship and sail date, I will gladly post a link to your Roll Call. Enjoy your Cruise !

On the roll call, I found people that were planning to use a private tour for 3 days, hitting all the high spots(but not going to Moscow)-we are joining them and saving lots of money plus seeing all the top spots! Just a thought;)!

On the roll call, I found people that were planning to use a private tour for 3 days, hitting all the high spots(but not going to Moscow)-we are joining them and saving lots of money plus seeing all the top spots! Just a thought;)!

Hi Ron and Donna Jean (and Paul) -

Why don't you guys join the roll call for our cruise? We already have 25 or so signed up for the CC party onboard, but a few more would make it a livelier party. Ron and Donna Jean are right about private tours in St. Petersburg - there are at least a couple of groups signed up with Viktoria/SP-B, and I think there may be a spot(s) open in one of them.

Sam

We did the 'St Petersburg' trip last year on Celebrity. I would highly reccomend that you use a private tour guide. There were 4 of us travelling together and the cost was the same as booking through the ship with a large group. You can find suitable guides on the intermet.

Ours took us around in a small minivan, she was very personal, highly profesional and we didn't have to wait for the rest of the group! From past experience there is always someone who lags behind.

We actually had private guides in Tallin and Copenhagen too.

Hope this helps.

Private tours in St. Petersburg is the ONLY way to go.

You will have a smaller group, you can make changes to your itinerary (be more flexible), spend more time places you want to and less time where you don't want to spend too much time, see things that are not included on ship's tours, etc, etc.

If you get a few people to share you might even come out ahead in price; but even if you'll pay a little more, it will be money well spent.

There are many independent tour operators - you can do a search. I am familiar with Alla and would highly recommend her.

Good luck and enjoy - it is a special place! I've been there 3 times and still haven't seen everything.

We are also going to be in St. Petersburg for 3 days and are looking for touring ideas. Yesterday I read two wonderful reviews about Alla tours and how personable they were towards their guests. The reviews also described the many places they visited and that they were able to get early entrance in to one or more museums. We have contacted Alla tours to see about arranging a tour group for us while we are there, and we had a response this morning.

We are looking for a group of 6 - 12 people to go on a two day tour of St. Petersburg. We would like our 3rd day to be on our own. Alla offers a tour called "Complete St. Petersburg package" , and it looks like it has a very nice itinerary. We will be there July 4-6, 2009. If you are interested in joining in a tour group such as ours, we would be pleased to have you. We like a moderate pace, being with friendly people, and learning about the history and culture of the country we are visiting. Here is the link for Alla tours so you can check it out for yourself. http://www.alla-tour.com/. We hope this may be a match for both of us. Sbowen

We are also going to be in St. Petersburg for 3 days and are looking for touring ideas. Yesterday I read two wonderful reviews about Alla tours and how personable they were towards their guests. The reviews also described the many places they visited and that they were able to get early entrance in to one or more museums. We have contacted Alla tours to see about arranging a tour group for us while we are there, and we had a response this morning.

We are looking for a group of 6 - 12 people to go on a two day tour of St. Petersburg. We would like our 3rd day to be on our own. Alla offers a tour called "Complete St. Petersburg package" , and it looks like it has a very nice itinerary. We will be there July 4-6, 2009. If you are interested in joining in a tour group such as ours, we would be pleased to have you. We like a moderate pace, being with friendly people, and learning about the history and culture of the country we are visiting. Here is the link for Alla tours so you can check it out for yourself. http://www.alla-tour.com/. We hope this may be a match for both of us. Sbowen

A word of caution about doing the third day on your own. You would need a separate visa for that day (expensive & long process).

You would have to get taxis (depending on where you dock), and negotiate the city on your own - it's not as easy as say in London.

You would be better off staying with Alla and just telling her what it is you want to do on that day (even if it's free time on Nevsky Prospect, etc).

Just IMO.

Archived