upgrade/upsell ?

stargazer78

I am sailing the 5/31 Carnival Freedom (38 days away) I booked an OV Guarantee. I have my cabin assignment 6A riviera deck. My question is what are the chances of upgrade/upsell. I just did mock bookings and from what I can tell there are only 2 inside rooms, 1 OV (porthole), 13 balcony, and 10 cat. 11 and 7 cat. 12 suite cabins available. That seems like a lot of higher value rooms to still be open this close to sailing. I wouldn't take an upsell but wouldn't mind a free upgrade to a balcony or suite. What are the odds?

I answered you on your other thread on the Carnival threads, but to reiterate, once you have been assigned a cabin chances are very very slim.

If you asked your Carnival rep to note on your booking you wanted a upsell call, you might have a chance for that, but you said you were not interested in a upsell call, so the chances of being called are slim.

Im assuming you booked thru Carnival. If you booked thru a TA, they cant call you direct anyway. They could call your TA, but its more unlikely.

The upsell calls are not very good lately anyway. They were great deals when Carnival first started the upsells, now you really have to be on your toes or you dont save anything with them. Make a counter offer often works closer to sailing date if you are called.

in todays market most people are assigned the category they booked. Rare does a person move to the next category.

It does happen though- mostly the upgrade will go to whomever paid the most for their cabin. But since you are assigned more then likely that is where you will be.

It wont hurt to call and ask how much will it cost you to move to a balcony.

Archived