What's your favorite Alaska cruise?

kimmiekaz

What's your favorite Alaska cruise?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Alaska cruise?

• First-timer's "Inside Passage" that focuses on the "greatest hits" of Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan.
    • More in-depth "Gulf of Alaska" cruise that includes the "greatest hits" but offers more.
    • Cruises with additional multi-day land tour options
    • Soft adventure, expedition ships that really get up close to nature
    • Two-week-long cruises that go the extra mile and just about hit every possible port
    • I like a custom-designed cruise combining more than one voyage (tell more below).

Alaska’s 2009 cruise season starts this weekend, and we want to know: what’s your favorite Alaska/British Columbia cruise? Whether you’ve sailed the Inside Passage 100 times, are going on your first ever trip to the region later this year or are contemplating a cruise in the future, vote for the one cruise suits you best in our poll?

I had to vote on the 2-week cruise (Of course we aren't doing it till August!) but since we have been before, the extra ports were just too enticing!! I am also looking forward to the smaller ship category. The hubby is not big on standing in line!

as all cruises in the past..to a particular region..we enjoy getting a general flavor of the region..for that reason, #1..

then fill in the blank s in following cruises..

wife s vacation schedule prevent s us from taking a cruise tour :(..

My dream is to be able to take a northbound cruise on one line, do an independent landtour for several days, and then take take a southbound cruise on another line. Preferably choosing one itinerary that uses Seward and one that uses Whittier. Then also one that hits Glacier Bay and another that hits Hubbard Glacier.

My dream is to be able to take a northbound cruise on one line, do an independent landtour for several days, and then take take a southbound cruise on another line. Preferably choosing one itinerary that uses Seward and one that uses Whittier. Then also one that hits Glacier Bay and another that hits Hubbard Glacier.

I'm with you!! :D:D However, not having the time or resources for this, I have to say that I loved our 1 week independent land tour followed by our College Fjord, Glacier Bay, Skagway, Ketchikan and Inside Passage vacation last summer.

I voted (and apparently am the only one, LOL) for the expedition cruise in Alaska because I've just edited (and read several times) an incredible story by Steve Faber, one of our top contributors, on his trip on Safari Explorer. Just reading it -- I was there along with him, on the trip.

It's here if you have missed it: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=855.

Mind you, I had a blast on my first trip -- the standard Inside Passage on the anything but standard Celebrity Infinity -- but when I go back I might try American Safari.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I totally agree with wrp96 & msmoger both. If I have time and resources, I would cruise N/B with X Millie for Friday, stay at Seward till Monday and go to Whittier to cruise S/B with one of Princess ship.

I have to wait till I retire with some money in my 401K acct to travel, for now keep working, saving and dreaming. ;)

• 9 months later...
I voted (and apparently am the only one, LOL) for the expedition cruise in Alaska because I've just edited (and read several times) an incredible story by Steve Faber, one of our top contributors, on his trip on Safari Explorer. Just reading it -- I was there along with him, on the trip.

It's here if you have missed it: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=855.

Mind you, I had a blast on my first trip -- the standard Inside Passage on the anything but standard Celebrity Infinity -- but when I go back I might try American Safari.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Yes, Steve did a very good job with the write up. This would be on my list of ultimate cruises.

Archived