One person alone

shabri

Hi,

Is it a possibility to have a single person either stay in the room alone-way too expensive or somehow buddy up with another single person? How could we go about finding that out? Carnival itself doesn't do that anymore.

Thanks

Hi,

Is it a possibility to have a single person either stay in the room alone-way too expensive or somehow buddy up with another single person? How could we go about finding that out? Carnival itself doesn't do that anymore.

Thanks

There are several singles cruise sites that will do room matches. One very popular one does about a cruise a month over various cruise lines. Cant mention sites here, but if you do a search of single cruise groups, Im sure it would come up.

Are you picky about your room? When I go by myself, I book a 1A gty. They charge 150% the regular fare instead of 200% in a 4A or higher. 1As are usually bunk bed rooms. I've never stayed in a 1A though. I've been upgraded to 4As and 6As (not saying that will always happen, just that it happened to me). I personally wouldn't want to be matched in a cabin with somebody I didn't know.

Thaks everyone,

He is so shy and I don't think he can afford the room alone. I will do searches for him.

We tried to get two rooms to hold my family of 5 and him but that is expensive too!

Thaks everyone,

He is so shy and I don't think he can afford the room alone. I will do searches for him.

We tried to get two rooms to hold my family of 5 and him but that is expensive too!

... but its gotta be cheaper to put at least 2 in a cabin, even if your family of the 4 left has a quad. You can put a max of 2 in a 1A cabin, which is the cheapest category.

I cruise solo, and I PAY the price to cruise solo. I guess what it gets down to is what you are willing to pay and what category you want. I go with a balcony on Deck 9 or 10 and end up paying 200% to have a cabin to myself.

Carnival has the 1A cabins for singles, but they are OV or porthole cabins and on deck 1 or 2 only. You may find that acceptable, so if you do, that is a workable solution for you.

I would warn you about getting a cabin mate you do not know very well. You may have a good experience, or have a cabinmate from HELL and want to get off the ship at the first port of call. You can ask around with family or friends to see if anyone wants to go with you.

Good luck finding a cabin mate, or cruising solo!!!

Thaks everyone,

We travel as a family of 6. We always get 3 cabins (categories vary). Once we only got 2 cabins (Disney).

I look at the figures everyday and the best situation is book him in a cabin (as stated 1A is the lowest) with one of your family members. Then book your cabin of 4. That would be almost the same cost as if he were booked and paying the single suppliment.

I personally dont recommend sharing with a stranger. :o

Carnival has the 1A cabins for singles, but they are OV or porthole cabins and on deck 1 or 2 only. You may find that acceptable, so if you do, that is a workable solution for you.

Most 1As are in fact inside cabins, and are on almost every deck. :rolleyes:

Archived