1. City Hall - Downtown Vancouver South –

2 Coquitlam - Burnaby –

3 Delta –

4 Downtown Vancouver –

5 Langley –

6 North Vancouver –

7 Surrey - Pitt Meadows –

8 Vancouver Int'l Airport (YVR) –

Which Priceline area is closest to the cruise terminal?

Thanks for your help

Cathy

Distance from Canada Place (Carnival/HA/Norw)

1 City Hall - Downtown Vancouver South : 3 miles

2 Coquitlam - Burnaby: 10-20 miles

3 Delta: 20 miles

4 Downtown Vancouver: 1-2 miles

5 Langley: 35 miles

6 North Vancouver: 2-8 miles

7 Surrey - Pitt Meadows: 35 miles

8 Vancouver Int'l Airport (YVR): 15 miles

One great resource website for either bidding on Priceline or booking on Hotwire.com is www.betterbidding.com. They have lists of hotels which generally partcipate or others will share which hotel they have won.

For example, we bid on a 4* downtown Vancouver on Priceline and got the Westin Bayshore for $102 per night. Other bidders had "won" the same hotel, so I was pretty sure that's what we'd get. Very happy with the process.

Is it West Vancouver or Vancouver West because there is a big difference in those areas - PD knows the codes better than I so he can clarify it for you.

Our downtown area is very compact and most of the hotels would be less than a mile to the Canada Place - if you are sailing from Ballantyne Pier you are further away and there is no accommodation close by.

We have an excellent bus system with very frequent service in the downtown core.

Cheers

Dennis

You would want to bid on Downtown Vancouver West. As Ut has indicated, most of the downtown hotels are with a mile of Canada Place and for the most part you could use transit. For Ballantyne your only option is a cab. A cab fare from a downtown hotel to CP should be $10 and to Ballantyne about $15.

Ut, I don't think that there are any hotels left in West Van except for the motel in Horseshoe Bay that trades on folks who have missed the last ferry.

That's what I figured but because I haven't used Priceline I wanted to be sure that the person got the right information - one thing I can never figure out is just where is the boundary of North and West Van - is it the river or Capilano road or something in between.

Cheers

Dennis

Wow! Has Priceline better defined the Vancouver areas? Last year I bid on what I thought was Downtown and got a hotel across the street from City Hall, which is NOT Downtown. We ended up really liking the hotel (Plaza 500) and the location, which forced us to walk and use public transportation.

That's what I figured but because I haven't used Priceline I wanted to be sure that the person got the right information - one thing I can never figure out is just where is the boundary of North and West Van - is it the river or Capilano road or something in between.

Cheers

Dennis

I have always believed it to be the Capilano River but have never studied a map really hard. I just can't think of anything on the east side of the river that isn't in the Dist of North Van or visa virsa.

Archived