Room Service Menu - Westerdam

anneqe

We sailed on HAL for the first time this past December. One of the weird service issues (and not the only one unfortunately) we had was that there was no room service menu in our suite. When I called the concierge desk to ask about the lack of menu I was told that the menus had been removed from the staterooms. No reason was given. I did ask for a copy of the menu and the person I was speaking to said that she "supposed that a copy could be made and delivered to the suite". It never appeared. So, has anyone who has recently sailed on the Westerdam seen a room service menu in your stateroom and does anyone by chance have a scanned or photographed copy of the room service menu? If so, I'd appreciate a copy.

We'll be sailing the Inside Passage on the Westerdam in June and I'm very hopeful that we'll have a better experience this time - and that room service menus will be included! Until then any information on the room service menus would be appreciated. I'd like us to be able to have a dinner in our stateroom one evening so we can watch the scenery.

Thank you!

Anne Q. E.

The room service menu should be included in the information book in every single cabin. If the pages are missing from your book, ask the steward for the missing pages.

The dinner menus are not included in the book. Suite passengers have one delivered daily. Other passengers can view one outside the dining room, or in any open bar. There should also be a table set up in the Lido where reservations for open seating are taken. There should be dinner menus there, too.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the reply - well, the biggest problem, in fact, was the room steward! He and his partner didn't provide many of the things I knew we were supposed to receive. I eventually had to lodge a complaint with the concierge and after that things improved, somewhat. However, now I know where to look for the information - though I did look in the book and the menu wasn't there - I'll make sure it's there on this next cruise. BTW - the dinner menus were never delivered either!

Ah, well, we'll hope for better service this time round.

Regards,

Anne Q. E.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the reply - well, the biggest problem, in fact, was the room steward! He and his partner didn't provide many of the things I knew we were supposed to receive. I eventually had to lodge a complaint with the concierge and after that things improved, somewhat. However, now I know where to look for the information - though I did look in the book and the menu wasn't there - I'll make sure it's there on this next cruise. BTW - the dinner menus were never delivered either!

Ah, well, we'll hope for better service this time round.

Regards,

Anne Q. E.

What cabin category were you in?

We were in a Balcony (VD?) on the Westerdam last summer and had a room service menu in our cabin, however actually getting the room service was quite another matter. My mother who I was sharing the cabin with decided that she liked tea and a dessert every evening from room service. (She had lost my dad a few months before and we had decided to take her along with us and put my husband and son in the other cabin). Trying to please her I had to begin calling at 8:30 and It would take about 30-60 min of trying before they would even answer the phone. Then another 45-60 minutes for the snacks to arrive and often the order was not completely correct. The only explanation I got was that it was a very busy time. I completely understand that, but I would wonder why they promise a service they can't deliver . Maybe it would be better to offer Room service to suites only as the staffing levels obviously can't handle delivery to everyone. (also understandable with the rediculously low prices we are all enjoying.)

Anyway, the point of my rambling was to say that maybe they are not putting the menus in the room, because it is increasingly too difficult to provide.

As to the obvious question of why I just didn't go up to the lido for her snack, she preferred the "presentation" of the room service dessert.;)

What cabin category were you in?

We were in a Superior Veranda Suite - which I know didn't get us "all" the perks, but there were a number listed in the brochure that we didn't get.....

Anne Q. E.

We were in a Superior Veranda Suite - which I know didn't get us "all" the perks, but there were a number listed in the brochure that we didn't get.....

Anne Q. E.

As for the dinner menus ... they are not delivered to Superior Verandah Suites, only to Deluxe and Penthouse. I don't know what other perks you were missing, as there aren't many for Superior Suites.

Sorry that your stewards weren't stellar. Suggest that on your future cruise you take along a pad of post-it notes. We left little notes on them for our steward for a fruit bowl, extra wine glasses, 2nd bath towel on embarkation day (we only got one initially), corkscrew ... and he obliged in a timely fashion.

Archived