Any warning for a newbie about Online TA's?

whitenack

I know we can't talk about specific companies, but I want to know if I should be wary about online TA's or if they are fairly common and reliable.

I found the TA through one of the comparitive rating websites (not sure if I can even mention the name of that), found a great room and a good price, pretty much what we are looking for.

I checked out the TA website and everything looks pretty well legit.

Any words of advice or words of warning?

I know we can't talk about specific companies, but I want to know if I should be wary about online TA's or if they are fairly common and reliable.

I found the TA through one of the comparitive rating websites (not sure if I can even mention the name of that), found a great room and a good price, pretty much what we are looking for.

I checked out the TA website and everything looks pretty well legit.

Any words of advice or words of warning?

A good TA can be worth their weight in gold. You should expect good service, prompt turn around, informed advice on room types and room locations (e.g. don't take this room it is next to blah and will be blah blah), all for no extra charge. OTOH, if you like to research online and do your own thing, you should be able to deal with the cruise-line directly. Much of the kinds of questions you will have would have been asked and answered on CC already :)

You might want to start now to adjust your vocabulary, You are not booking a ROOM you are booking a Stateroom or cabin or suite. There are also such things as Forward, Aft and Midships. Starboard and Port, and the Stern and the Bow.

In answer to your question some excellant TA's are online. My two favorites that I have used for years are both online. Though most communication is done by phone.

You might want to start now to adjust your vocabulary, You are not booking a ROOM you are booking a Stateroom or cabin or suite. There are also such things as Forward, Aft and Midships. Starboard and Port, and the Stern and the Bow.

In answer to your question some excellant TA's are online. My two favorites that I have used for years are both online. Though most communication is done by phone.

For the amount of money I am spending, I'll call it whatever I want! :p But thanks for the heads up.

For the amount of money I am spending, I'll call it whatever I want! :p But thanks for the heads up.

I think that "learn the terminology" dart was aimed at me. But I agree with your reply. I will call it whatever I want :)

:p

I have a wonderful TA that I found online. The company offers free gratuities, which is something I can knock off my list of things to think about. She always answers emails within 24 hours. Just make sure whoever you pick will honor any price reductions that the cruise line offers and that when the payment is charged to your credit card, that it's a direct charge from the cruise line and not the TA. Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived