coffee pots in room

shabri

We bring our own coffee pot, set it up and our coffee is ready about 10 min. after we get up.

Betty,

I can just see my DH face if I brought our coffee pot. He thinks I take enough junk as it is. I guess he is lucky we have to fly to our ports :p

Hi,

Are there coffee pots in OV rooms?

NO.............

There are door handle order forms in your room. You fill out what you want [coffee, rolls, juice, etc.] on the form and THE TIME YOU WANT IT and hang that form on the outside handle of your cabin the night before. We use that for our wake up call. Cost is $2. for tip, that's it.

Nope... no coffee pots and nothing to heat them with.

Cruise lines don't permit anything of that nature in the cabins as they're potential fire hazards...

:)

Not true. Royal Caribbean has now added them to some of the ships in their fleet.

Why would you want to make your own coffee. I enjoy room service and the coffee is good. I don't want to fuss with it at all. Is Royal Carribean trying to cut out some room service with putting them in. It will be another reason not to go on RC, I enjoy the luxury of room service!

I thought in a discription of rooms on NCL they have coffemakers in their rooms also???

It's not a fire hazard if it's an auto off or if it has an insulated carafe and therefore no hotplate.

I really wish Carnival did have them, then I could bring my own coffee which I prefer over the cruiselines.

But till they do, roomservice with two steaming pots of coffee is a good wake up call.

Carole

Why would you want to make your own coffee. I enjoy room service and the coffee is good. I don't want to fuss with it at all. Is Royal Carribean trying to cut out some room service with putting them in. It will be another reason not to go on RC, I enjoy the luxury of room service!

We just completed our 14 day cruise on the Golden Princess, we took our own coffee pot so we would not have to drink their nasty coffee. Believe me that coffee was nasty. Although, we have not had bad coffee on our Carnival cruises when you brew your own coffee it is at least hotter than room service coffee. I do have to admit Carnival's coffee is not to bad.

They are not cutting anything out. Just adding another option. The main reason is that more and more Europeans are cruising with Royal and they are sending more ships to Europe. Those passengers like to make their own tea. Again, a choice.

RCCL has started to put a kettle and french press in the suites only. It's just another suite perk. You are provided with tea or coffee for the french press. The hot water kettle cuts off automatically when the water begins to boil.

I like my coffee as soon as I wake up and I never quite know what time that will be so having the french press is kinda nice. It's quicker than calling room service if you didn't put your order out the night before.

RCCL has started to put a kettle and french press in the suites only. It's just another suite perk. You are provided with tea or coffee for the french press. The hot water kettle cuts off automatically when the water begins to boil.

I like my coffee as soon as I wake up and I never quite know what time that will be so having the french press is kinda nice. It's quicker than calling room service if you didn't put your order out the night before.

It has been reported on the Royal board that both the Independence and Brilliance now have them in all cabins and will be adding to more ships that cruise out of Europe during the year.

I thought in a discription of rooms on NCL they have coffemakers in their rooms also???

It's not a fire hazard if it's an auto off or if it has an insulated carafe and therefore no hotplate.

I really wish Carnival did have them, then I could bring my own coffee which I prefer over the cruiselines.

But till they do, roomservice with two steaming pots of coffee is a good wake up call.

Carole

Yes, NCL ships have coffee pots in all their balcony rooms and speciality coffee makers in the suites. Lovely

They are not cutting anything out. Just adding another option. The main reason is that more and more Europeans are cruising with Royal and they are sending more ships to Europe. Those passengers like to make their own tea. Again, a choice.

My wife orders hot tea all the time. They deliver the fixin's, a variety of tea bags and a carafe of hot water. I can do without losing what little shelf space a coffeemaker takes up.

Funny, Barb just NOW walked by and said, "Care for a cuppa?":D

So Inspiration has coffee pots in the rooms?

Hmm...

Now I am confused. Everyone else said no way.

:confused:

I think you misread the question (because it was in 2 consecutive posts)

Post 1) Are there coffee pots in the rooms

Post 2) On the Inspiration ?

Doh.

I have a nasty habit of reading the post but not the names of people that wrote them.

Ok thats my blonde senior moment of the week.

Don't feel bad, I was confused too! I don't usually read poster names either, I guess we should start!

BTW= I like the idea of a french press. You can get one that makes a cup at a time that is super small and fits easily in your bags. I'm hoping to get one for our cruise. Well, I say "I'm hoping to get one" because I'm putting it on our wedding registry! **Fingers crossed** :)

I can think of a two reasons. (1) If I order room service early in the morning it will disturb the rest of the family sleeping - you put 4 people in an inside cabin and room service doesn't play out well. It's a different story when you've left the kids home and have a balcony, of course. (2) Lots of people loathe the coffee on cruise ships. Putting coffee pots in the rooms gives people a choice and a chance to bring their own brand. For many people coffee is like cigarettes - they want their own brand. They can still choose to call room service, of course. When you give people a choice you are giving them more, not taking anything away.

Archived