Millie - Olympic Rest?

Hflors

During my viewing deck plans for the Millie I see that she has a speciality resturanue the Olympic.

What do they serve? It says their speciality "varies"???? I am wondering what that means.

Questions - What was the meal and is it worth $30.00 extra?

Each of the Millennium class of ships have one specialty restaurant (with a different theme each). The Olympic has a Titanic restaurant related theme.

The menu is a la carte with a variety of dishes that you can select, or you can choose a recommended sampler. They do also offer a wine accompaniment at extra cost, and if you choose the matching sampler where a wine is paired with each course it will get quite pricey! However, although the food is very good, and a step above the main restaurant given the limited number of diners and that it is prepared specially for you, I would say the service is the most stand-out element. The staff there are truly excellent and, without wanting to spoil it by building your expectations, I would say it should be a good experience.

For the $30 many here agree it is definitely a worthwhile experience at least to do once. Many enjoy it and eat there more, but it is different from the other dining venues so if it is within your means I would suggest trying it.

During my viewing deck plans for the Millie I see that she has a speciality resturanue the Olympic.

What do they serve? It says their speciality "varies"???? I am wondering what that means.

Questions - What was the meal and is it worth $30.00 extra?

Hi,:) they serve things like Steak Diane and Dover Sole.

They offer Lobster Bisque and the wonderful Goat Cheese

Souffle appetizer...it is sinfully delicious.

All the meals (in my opinion) are special.

Just returned from CENTURY and had the Steak Diane, which

was cooked tableside. On Century the Specialty Restaurant

is Murano's.

It had to be one of the most tender cuts of filet I have ever

had in my life. It was like butta;)

In my opinion, yes it is worth every penney.

They have their own galley and it is a wonderful evening.

As for ala carte...I always think of those words where everything

on the menu is a different price. You do get an appetizer, soup and

dessert with your meal. We also had the famous cheese cart.

I am a big cheese gal so I love that part:D

And I had a Grand Marnier souffle for dessert....YUM!

Now if you do a search, supposedly X is changing the

Specialty restaurants....I haven't read enough to know

what is exactly going to happen (or not happen for that matter).

But as for being worth the $, definitely, to me it is worth it:)

The Olympic is a special place to have dinner. The panelling in the front room is actually from the Olympic which was the sister ship of the Titanic. The original ships bell is also on display at the entrance. Years after meeting the gentleman who provided the bell on the Millineum's maiden voyage I was able to see the Titanic's bell in Atlanta as the first part of the travelling exhibit. Don't miss the oportunity to relive a little maritime history.

The Olympic dining room is actually made of three rooms. The wood room as previously posted is wood paneling that was on the Olympic ship. It was found in a home that was due to be torn down in Atlanta.

Off the wood room is the wine cellar which holds a large table and has bottles of vintage wine. It is usually booked by a group of 6 to 8.

The other room of the dining room is a replica of the first class dining room on the Olympic.

Archived