Live From The Volendam Dialy Report

Pilot70D

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]This report is delightful to read. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]I can't wait to pour a glass of a little something potent and read the next installments. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Please continue when you can. [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='dakrewser']Now if only there'd been rum samples in the elevator....

:) -dave[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought of that but what a great idea. I am going to suggest this to HAL forthwith. They could put those small miniatures aboard each elevator for just such an emergency. They would be free (of course) in case the elevator jammed. :=)

Don B.

As I sit here writing this last live report music form the Rosario Strings is drifting in to the library. What a fitting way to end a great cruise - with beautiful music. We just finished our last dinner aboard and it was scrumptious and maybe even better. Like all cruises it will be with a mixture sadness and joy that we return home.

I will a report on the last two sea days and Half Moon Cay after we get back to Atlanta. Internet access here on the Volendam is readily available either from the internet center or wireless either one but it relatively expensive and I am almost out of minutes.

As a preview I will say that it has been a great cruise. Furthermore, the reports that service, food, drinks, etc. have slipped are greatly exaggerated. While no cruise is perfect the Volendam staff has done a marvelous job of keeping us fed, entertained, cleaned up after and so forth. I tip my hat to each and every one of them. We are really looking forward to out next HAL cruise whatever it may be.

Yes, the War Department will put a segment containing her views and opinion of this cruise in the next report but for now so long from the Volendam.

Everyone have a great evening.

Don B.

[B][COLOR=Navy]Thank you Don for your marvelous review of the Volendam cruise. Because of your review we are REALLY looking forward to our March 30 cruise on her. :)

You mentioned that you have sailed Princess on the Grand class ships. We have sailed on the Island Princess 2x in '04, a 10 day partial transit of the Panama Canal and a 15 day Hawaiian cruise rt from LA. We love the ship, she is smaller than the grand class. We will probably alternate our trips between HAL and the sun class Princess ships. We would go on the Island again in a heartbeat.

Thank you again,
Arlene[/B][/COLOR]

Archived