STAR Princess question

cruznon

We will be on the STAR in August. I know the ship has been refurbished. (As the Golden has just completed hers.)

I have a question about the bedding. Has it been upgraded ?

We were on the Golden Princess last year in a Caribe Deck cabin and the bedding was NOT so great.

On the STAR we'll be in a mini suite (which I hear is so comfortable.) How comfy are the beds?

Thanks for the info!

We will be on the STAR in August. I know the ship has been refurbished. (As the Golden has just completed hers.)

I have a question about the bedding. Has it been upgraded ?

We were on the Golden Princess last year in a Caribe Deck cabin and the bedding was NOT so great.

On the STAR we'll be in a mini suite (which I hear is so comfortable.) How comfy are the beds?

Thanks for the info!

The new duvets, sheets and pillows are in place. The one questionable item is the mattress. They have replaced the old style with new mattresses, and if you like a very firm mattress, you will be fine. If you don't, it's best to ask for an egg crate mattress pad, as the extra firm mattress can be quite a shock if you aren't used to it. (we always need to request more than one egg crate foam pad, as we are not used to these extra firm sleeping arrangements). ;)

We love the mini suites on Princess, and the full sized tub/shower combination is a lot more spacious. Lots of storage space. I am sure you will enjoy this stateroom.

Thank you Toto!

I appreciate the info. Thanks so much. The photos of mini suites look wonderful. This is our third Alaskan cruise, but first time with such a spacious cabin so I know we'll love it .

Thank you Toto!

I appreciate the info. Thanks so much. The photos of mini suites look wonderful. This is our third Alaskan cruise, but first time with such a spacious cabin so I know we'll love it .

I must agree with what Toto has said. I just had a 33 Day cruise on the Star in a mini-suite (D-701) We're use to a firm mattress, so that wasn't a problem. Yes the shower/bath tub combo is much better than the shower. We also enjoy the balcony and small sitting room.

I also always ask for a top sheet between me and the covet. The cabin attendant will be happy to provide one if you ask.

...I also always ask for a top sheet between me and the covet...

Me too! Any special reason Princess doesn't provide a top sheet? :confused: Sometimes when it is warm, that's all I need is the top sheet. Plus, who wants to feel the duvet right against their skin? :eek:

We usually ask for an egg crate top, but this next cruise will be with my daughter and we will have twin bed configuration. Do they do a twin bed

egg crate top?

Thanks!

We usually ask for an egg crate top, but this next cruise will be with my daughter and we will have twin bed configuration. Do they do a twin bed

egg crate top?

Thanks!

Yes, they can provide them in either twin or queen.

As you can see below, my last cruise was on the Star. I was in a mini-suite, E729. The cabin was fabulous but definitely ask for an egg crate mattress. The mattresses are hard. And I also asked the steward for a top sheet. I'm not sure how often they clean the duvets and a top sheet always feels good. You will like the Star very much. And they have made lots of improvements, especially the International Cafe. I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise very much.

Me too! Any special reason Princess doesn't provide a top sheet? :confused: Sometimes when it is warm, that's all I need is the top sheet. Plus, who wants to feel the duvet right against their skin? :eek:

I use a duvet at home--in the winter at least. It is like a giant pillowcase for the comforter---and is changed like a sheet---however often you do that!! THey are quite commonly used in Europe. So I am sure that on the ships they are changed at least for every new cruise. They are not the same as a bed spread or comforter which is probably washed ????? often?? But I agree if the weather is warm it is nice to have a top sheet. We used the duvet on our Med cruise last May and found it very comfy.

Archived