Godfrey beach question

dagtoking1

For those who have been on Godfrey's tour; did you get to go to the beach you preferred or did the majority rule?

When I was on his tour in the past it was basically left to the majority. We want to go to Megans and other people on our roll call want to go to Coki and I can't get Godfrey to specifically state that we can all be dropped at the beach of our choice. I was just wondering what other people's experiences were and whether or not Sonny Liston does the same thing. :confused:

We went with Godfrey three years ago. When it came to "beach time" he sort of "suggested" that Sapphire Beach might be a better choice, because it had good snorkeling and no entry fee, less crowded, etc. Everybody just sort of agreed and Sapphire it was. We, too, had planned on Megan's Bay being our beach stop, but just went with the flow. Don't know what would have happened if we had insisted on Megan's. But, I must say that we were not disappointed with Sapphire Beach. Hubby brings his own snorkeling stuff, and saw lots of fish.

If you really want to go to Magens then why not email or call Godfrey and tell him you want a definate answer. That if everyone else wants to go to Coki or Sapphire is he going to still take you to and pick you up from Magens? :)

--Islander

I was told recently by Godfrey that Sapphire was not a choice anymore because he said it was too run down. Has anyone else heard this from Godfrey recently? He said our choice's will be Coki or Megans.

Booked Godfrey two years ago! He's nothing special, you can get any taxi to take you to the beach of your choice! he picked us up late, and when he kind of told us we were going to Coki Beach. We have been to Megan's bay several times before, and it gets very crowded and there is admission fee. So Coki Beach was OK too, it was beautiful there. He then dropped us off, and had a different women pick us up, and she was nicer than him, and gave us a nice tour back. He kind of farms his work out, and you may not get him.He was also kind of abrupt,someone you would expect in NY, not St Thomas. I think the demand for him has gotten too big for him to handle because of these boards. Any taxi will take you anywhere in St Thomas!!! There are tons of them!!

We went with Godfrey a few weeks ago. I had planned to go to Sapphire, but he said that wasn't a choice because the facilities were closed. However, he did give the group a choice between Magen's and Coki. We went to Magen's, and then he dropped the rest of the group off at Coki. he came back to pick us up first, then we picked them up and headed back to the ship. He didn't seem to have any problem with the group splitting up. Some people also went directly back to the ship instead of the beach.

We went with Godfrey a few weeks ago. I had planned to go to Sapphire, but he said that wasn't a choice because the facilities were closed. However, he did give the group a choice between Magen's and Coki. We went to Magen's, and then he dropped the rest of the group off at Coki. he came back to pick us up first, then we picked them up and headed back to the ship. He didn't seem to have any problem with the group splitting up. Some people also went directly back to the ship instead of the beach.

yes, Sapphire Beach is nice, but it mainly surrounds a hotel!I think the hotel owners got tired of hundreds of people coming to there beautiful beach from the ships. You couldn't get a chair there & had to sit on a towel. Coki Beach is great for snorkeling. Smmer months with Godfrey are busier, and I think that's when majority rules about the beach. I just do a different beach each time I sail to ST Thomas!

We just used Godfrey last week. He gave us the choice of either Megan's bay or Coki beach. We all wanted Megan's bay (which was beautiful), so Godfrey dropped us off and than ran two ladies back to the ship who did not want to do the beach. He then came back and waited for us until it was time to go.

I was glad that we picked Megan's bay as it was a bit windy that day and Coki looked a little choppy.

Tim:cool:

We just used Godfrey on May 9 and had a nice tour except for the fact that it rianed off and on which kind of put a little damper on everything. He suggested Coki or Megans and that he was not recomending Saphire due to the facilities and no food or drink places. That a lot of customers had been complaining so he offered Coki and Megans. We chose Coki. The beach was a little run don but was not bad. We did not go far down the beach. In fact was pretty much at the begining of it. Did not notice and smell but wife and friend said the restrooms were not something they would go back into. But the snorkeling and the fish coming up to you in kne deep water was great. She is not a snorkeler and this was a plus for her. She even got brave enough to feed the fish.

The Ump :cool:

John

We took the Godfrey tour last summer while on Explorer of the Seas. This was the second time we have used Godfrey. We thought he did a very good job and would use him again. We e-mailed him ahead of time to make a reservation and specified Coki Beach, as we enjoy the snorkeling there. First we went shopping and then he dropped us off at Coki for some great beach snorkeling. We were then returned to the ship on time.

Archived