Port or Starboard on Mariner

For the Mexican Riviera cruise, if I have a balcony, which side docks towards the ports. I know I should know this, but want to confirm that I am on the correct side of the ship. Thanks.

Teresa

The left side of the ship is "port", the right is "starboard"--it has nothing to do with the way the ship will dock. Ships don't always dock the same direction or even in the same "slip" everytime.

Either side will have better views than anywhere at home!

We just got off the Mariner on 4/26. We had a port side balcony. It was nice going down, we had the occasional view of land. It was great pulling into Cabo seeing the rock formations so close. But like others have said, I don't think they always dock the same postion.

We were just on the Crown Princess and had a cabin that was on the Port side and we got to see the ship dock each day and got to watch people run up and try and catch the ship. Thought all ships would be the same. Thanks for your help.

For the Mexican Riviera cruise, if I have a balcony, which side docks towards the ports. I know I should know this, but want to confirm that I am on the correct side of the ship. Thanks.

Teresa

Assuming the ship is actually going to Mexico (and not puttering about the West Coast) you should ask yourself if you are a Sunset or a Sunrise person.

You have one Southbound sea day and two Northbound. Cabins on the port get one Sunrise and Two sunsets at sea, Stbd is vice-versa.

We enjoy morning coffee in the Sun so we try to book the side with the most Surise days - there usually are a couple of Sunsets to be had after port to enjoy.

Archived