boomerangs

sej67

Don't know the answer but we will be visiting the same places in June/July. Our first trip to Oz and we're getting excited. I will be interested in the answer to your question.

What's the best place to see boomerangs in action? I'm not talking about buying one, but seeing locals using them. I'll be in Sydney, Melbourne, Uluru and Cairns.

H sej67,

You may wish to try La Perouse which is not far from Sydney Airport or the city. www.visitnsw.com/town/La_Perouse/Boomerang_Throwing_At_La_Perouse/info.aspx

Hope the link works,

Happy cruising

Chris

In Dubbo (central NSW, 6 hour drive from Syd) there is a place.

I suggest that you buy one in the tourist shops and head to a park... give it a go. As a kid I remember getting a plastic one in a Show Bag from the Easter Show and it worked really well.

http://dubbo.org/explore/jedda-boomerangs

Good luck!

Mark.

What's the best place to see boomerangs in action? I'm not talking about buying one, but seeing locals using them. I'll be in Sydney, Melbourne, Uluru and Cairns.

I would contact the local tourist information bureaux in Uluru/Alice Springs and Cairns/Daintree and enquire whether they have any information on demonstrations of usage of boomerangs.

Aboriginal experience is a don't miss!

At the bottom of the Skyrail is the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. They have some terrific presentations on the Creation of Man and their native experiences such as fire-making and dancing and boomerang throwing. It would be worth taking an hour or two and experiencing the park. Their website is www.tjapukai.com.au We had a terrific time there after we got off of the skyrail. Yours, Naomi2

Did you notice this under A&NZ "Rainforest" thread?

Archived