Noordam Debarkation at Civitavecchia

Terpnut

Is the debarkation schedule/timing for the Noordam at Civitavecchia different from North American-based cruises? Like everyone else, we vacate our cabins as instructed and eat breakfast. However because we rarely have an early flight, we usually take our time, linger around the ship and are usually the last ones off the ship at 9:30, 10 am or even later.

Our limo/taxi company insists that we will be off by 8 am and wants to arrange our transfer pickup at that time so I'm trying to understand, for HAL msNoordam in Civitavecchia or Med cruises in general, if they somehow do everything earlier and will be forcing us everyone off the ship by 8 am. Thanks everyone!

They don't 'force' everyone off early, they do it in an orderly fashion, by color and number. We did self debark (Oosterdam) and were off by 0730. Our pickup was not until 9am, but we wanted to be sure not to miss it. He turned up about 20 min late, so we had plenty of time outside the terminal to people-watch. Depending on how many ships come in that day, it will be quite busy and I am sure the company wants to get in and out as quickly as possible. EM

They don't 'force' everyone off early, they do it in an orderly fashion, by color and number. We did self debark (Oosterdam) and were off by 0730. Our pickup was not until 9am, but we wanted to be sure not to miss it. He turned up about 20 min late, so we had plenty of time outside the terminal to people-watch. Depending on how many ships come in that day, it will be quite busy and I am sure the company wants to get in and out as quickly as possible. EM
I guess what I want to confirm is: Was the debarkation process and "color and number" schedule on HAL Noordam in Civitavecchia substantially different from all your other cruise experiences, or was it "typical"? IOW, is it a standard cruise turnaround day like I would experience in Baltimore, Miami or Port Everglades? From your description, it sounds like it's typical: self-debarkation first around 7-7:30am, last ones off by 9:30 am or 10 am. If Noordam's debarkation process and schedule is indeed "typical", then I'm happy to schedule my transfer at 9:30 am or later as I always do.

I guess what I want to confirm is: Was the debarkation process and "color and number" schedule on HAL Noordam in Civitavecchia substantially different from all your other cruise experiences, or was it "typical"? IOW, is it a standard cruise turnaround day like I would experience in Baltimore, Miami or Port Everglades? From your description, it sounds like it's typical: self-debarkation first around 7-7:30am, last ones off by 9:30 am or 10 am. If Noordam's debarkation process and schedule is indeed "typical", then I'm happy to schedule my transfer at 9:30 am or later as I always do.
Ours in '06 was "typical". I think we were off by 9:00a for a Noon flight via HAL transfer bus. I'm glad that we were off that early because the airport lines were horrendous ... and I think that is typical of that airport too!! :)

Although I've never had a turn-around day in Civitavecchia, I have had them in several other European ports. Every one of them has been similar to those in the US. That is, there is a color/number tag for your luggage, you may remain in your cabin until it's your turn, the ship is cleared, and disembarkation begins.

The time for disembarkation will range from about 7:30 (give or take about 15 minutes) to as late as 10:00 AM. There is no way everyone will be off by 8:00.

Archived