Pearl Harbor Day

As a former Marine, thank you for remembering what today is. My greatest fear as a NYC Firefighter is that it will take even less time for people to forget what happened on 9/11! Thoughts and prayers to those not only lost on this day, but to all who have made and are still willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation.

Pearl Harbor never meant that much to me, except that I learned about it in history and saw the movies. It was really hard to grasp what Pearl Harbor was all about until we visited the site with my Dad this past October. My Dad had been stationed at Pearl Harbor while in the Navy, but just before the war and then returned after the battle. Hickam Field was named after my husbands distant relative. Seeing the battle site in person and all the artifacts really brought the impact of the war to light. Today, when I realized that it was December 7th, I felt really sad. :( I actually read the articles in our local paper and the recollections of the living serviceman.

buddy lee - as a former FMF Doc I salute you. As an IAFF firefighter I also salute you. May their sacrifice never be forgotten! I am proud to be a father of a member of the United States Navy serving his country. You are right- people are already forgetting 911.

Archived