Credit Cards at Chankanaab National Park?

Marlena777

Does anyone know if Chankanaab takes credit cards? Also, what time does the park open? Do you know how much it costs to rent snorkeling equipment there?

In general is it safe to use credit cards in Mexico?

Please let me know because I am clueless!

Thanks!

I used my credit card there. It is a little disconcerting because the amount on your receipt is in Mexican dollars (~~ 10x American Dollars). But, I checked my cc balance on line as soon as I got home and the conversion was correct!

Good Luck! :)

They do not accept credit cards for park admission, cash only. Either USD or Pesos will work.

They do accept plastic inside the park at the restaurant, Dolphin exploitation program, and probably the gift shops too.

They do not accept credit cards for park admission, cash only. Either USD or Pesos will work.

They do accept plastic inside the park at the restaurant, Dolphin exploitation program, and probably the gift shops too.

The CC transaction I described was at the gift / photo shop. We did not pay for park entrance since we were on a cruise purchased excursion.

By the way, if you do the dolphin encounter don't be afraid to haggle over the price of your pictures. Pictures of you probably aren't worth a whole lot to anyone else! :D :D

Archived