Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

HELP

I was kindly given a referral coupon which I forwarded to Seabourn recorded delivery about a month ago after making my final payment.

On contacting them they said that they had no record of it , so as I had photocopied it I sent them all the relevant details.Now they are asking me to send a new coupon.

I am more concerned that the gentleman who sent me the referral coupon in the first place will miss out on his on board gift credit than actually not receiving the $400 myself.Do you think I could fax them my photocopy .I just don't want to be making a huge fuss either!!!

Aga, if you check under the thread Seabourn UK, you will find a list of people who have had similar problems. (Not clear whether you are in the UK or US.) In any case,assuming you are in the U.S., call the Seabourn Club office in Ft. Lauderdale. and they should be able to straighten out the problem. If you have a copy of the original referral coupon, you can scan it and send as an email, or photocopy and fax it. But be sure and accompany it with full details of when you sent it in with final payment and other relevant details. You might also alert the coupon donor; sometimes getting multiple calls with respect to the same problem can speed up the resolution.

Before sailing in July, we had sent in a referral voucher received from a friend. I mailed it directly to the Seabourn office in Florida and then called to confirm receipt. We did not get a gift certificate in the mail; rather the Seabourn agent advised the credit would be posted to our account -- and it was. We also got a card in our stateroom confirming the credit.

Before sailing in July, we had sent in a referral voucher received from a friend. I mailed it directly to the Seabourn office in Florida and then called to confirm receipt. We did not get a gift certificate in the mail; rather the Seabourn agent advised the credit would be posted to our account -- and it was. We also got a card in our stateroom confirming the credit.

Andrea802: As indicated, you get a gift certificate for the second referral coupon you trigger by giving the coupon, as only the first can be used on your current or next cruise. So, as the person donating the second obc--to be used at some future time-- you get the certificate so SB doesn't have to track it. You carry it with you and present to the purser. You can accumulate multiple obc's for future use, and all will be in certificate form except for the one relevant to an upcoming cruise. Unless, I suppose, you have planned and have booking numbers for multiple cruises, in which case you can assign an obc to each. The preceding applies to the donor of multiple referral coupons. All this according to the Seabourn Club. So, no, as the recipient you wouldn't get "a receipt" but it would (hopefully) be entered into your account and reflected on a card posted in your cabin.

Writer,

I beleive you are wrong about handing the certificate to the purser. After you refer someone you are sent a little certificate that you send in when you make the final payment for your cruise. You do not hear from Seabourn confirming their receipt prior to your cruise -- rather when you board there SHOULD be a card on your coffee table in your suite informing your of your shipboard credit. That said there are often glitches in the system and on at least one occasion we have had to go to the Purser when the card was not in our suite and they contacted Blue Lagoon who somehow always managed to get the matter resolved.

Also, to clarify the point about one certificate per cruise -- yes and no. If you take BTB cruises that are booked under separate booking numbers you can use a certificate for each segment.

Writer,

I beleive you are wrong about handing the certificate to the purser. After you refer someone you are sent a little certificate that you send in when you make the final payment for your cruise. You do not hear from Seabourn confirming their receipt prior to your cruise -- rather when you board there SHOULD be a card on your coffee table in your suite informing your of your shipboard credit. That said there are often glitches in the system and on at least one occasion we have had to go to the Purser when the card was not in our suite and they contacted Blue Lagoon who somehow always managed to get the matter resolved.

Also, to clarify the point about one certificate per cruise -- yes and no. If you take BTB cruises that are booked under separate booking numbers you can use a certificate for each segment.

Chairsin, I only reported what the Club told me. As to the last, of course your are correct; you have booked two separate cruises, so two obc's may be applied. As to the intermediate points, let me reiterate what i was told, and also point to my experience. (Which may or may not be typical.) I gave a coupon to a lady in the U.K. After many difficulties --see separate references under troubles in the U.K.-- the donated coupon (from me) was posted to her account. I called the SB Club and received verification of the credit to my account. I asked about the second of my coupons, which had been sent in by another first time cruiser. I was told that because I did not (as yet) have a booking number for my next cruise, a certificate showing the receipt of that (my second) coupon would be sent to me.(No specifics about what to do with the certificate,and in that absence I assumed you brought it with you to the ship.) And that, I was told, is the normal procedure. Yes, a card is placed in your cabin and informs you of the amount credited to your account. On our second SB cruise the indicated amount was incorrect, and required considerably more than a visit to the purser to correct. Remember, your account can show contributions from at least three sources--shareholder benefit, travel agent/credit card usage, referral coupon--and there are multiple chances for human error along the way.So, always a good idea to bring copies of all documents that relate to credit in your account with you. Also to repeat, the ladies at The Club were pleasant and efficient, but they are looking at a computer screen; that's their reality, and yours. If they say "it doesn't show" you have a problem.Let's see if I do receive a "certificate" for the second obc that has been submitted.

Chairsin, I only reported what the Club told me. As to the last, of course your are correct; you have booked two separate cruises, so two obc's may be applied.

writer100 & Chairsin,

Can you please clarify on the "two obc's" for b2b cruises ? Are you referring to two obc's for a newbie or two obc's for a past cruiser who made referrals to newbies?

As a Seabourn newbie, booked for one cruise and secured a referral coupon from someone on this thread several weeks ago which has been acknowledged and processed by Seabourn.

After disembarking for 4 days in FLL from cruise one, joining the Sojourn, (which takes a 4 day publicity break in Florida), for a Caribbean cruise. So in essence have booked b2b cruises as a newbie.

Is it your understanding that I can obtain/use another referral coupon for the second cruise ?.. or since my newbie status was retired on the first cruise, I'm not eligible for the referral coupon on the second b2b cruise, ( my impression is that I'm not).

Thanks

Edited by ravenclaw

Ravenclaw,

Yes, you can use a second obc for the second part of your trip -- you should have two separate booking numbers for each part of your cruise.

Thank you for the clarification..yes, I have two separate booking numbers, so I guess I can get another referral..as a courtesy, if you have one and want to pass it on, let me know and I'll process it accordingly and precisely, as well as provide follow-up status. Let me know quickly either way, so if you don't have any, I need to act promptly and contact one of the other kind posters on this thread, like the post above.

Thanks again.

Edited by ravenclaw

Thank you for the clarification..yes, I have two separate booking numbers, so I guess I can get another referral..as a courtesy, if you have one and want to pass it on, let me know and I'll process it accordingly and precisely, as well as provide follow-up status. Let me know quickly, if you don't have any, I'll to act promptly and contact one of the other kind posters on this thread, like the post above.

Thanks again.

No, only 1 coupon for your first cruise as a newbie (1st booking number). You can't be "referred" twice as a new cruiser. However, if you were the "referring guest" to 2 new cruisers, this scenario would work.

Host Dan

Edited by Host Dan

No, only 1 coupon for your first cruise as a newbie (1st booking number). You can't be "referred" twice as a new cruiser. However, if you were the "referring guest" to 2 new cruisers, this scenario would work.

Host Dan

Host Dan,

That's what I thought (see my orig. post above)..I surely don't want to waste a "donors" referral coupon and not be able to reciprocate the obc thru the process. However, is there perhaps an opening/window in the Seabourn system, since referral obc's are credited/applied prior to embarking/cruise completion and with two separate booking number (b2B), both are looked as newbie?

( I had called the Seabourn Club weeks ago and inquired about getting my Seabourn Club membership between the two b2b cruises, (4 day Sojourn hiatus in FLL), in order to possibly take advantage on cruise two, of 5% on board booking savings for future cruises, but was told can't be provided so quickly...by extension, does that make me a newbie for cruise two and perhaps eligible for another referral ? ) ;)

Shamelessly looking for a "deal" :D

Writer,

Chairsin, you are quite right--and I was quite wrong. (Oh, the public humiliation.) A referral coupon cannot be handed to the purser. It must be mailed in with one's final payment. In fact, it will be ignored if brought to the ship.

I trust this admission of ineptitude can be kept just between us?