positive freeport experiences???

sailingbuddy

We went to Freeport in March, 2008 and loved it. You have to get away from the industrial port -- it is a beautiful island away from the port. My husband and daughter are big birdwatchers so we booked a birdwatching trip with http://www.grandbahamanaturetours.com/. They were great! They not only do birdwatching tours but bicycle tours, jeep tours, kayack tours, snorkeling,etc. Erica was our guide and she was just wonderful ............we did birdwatching but she also took us to Gold Rock Beach. This was probably the most beautiful beach we've ever been too. It's a national park so there are no hotels on it and you have to do a short hike to it. It's so beautiful ............words just can't describe it. I love Hawaii but I think this beach was even more beautiful than Hawaii.

• 4 months later...
So the van ride to the boat was included in the $45. price or you had to pay to get there & back?

We had a group of 20 and nobody wanted to leave or come back at the same time so we just grabbed whatever shuttle was available. The cost was $5 per person each way. There were plenty waiting outside the cruise pier and the Marketplace.

Don't ever pay for round trip because you may not find the same driver when you are ready to leave and then you are out $5.

Someone wrote that Sand Dollar does not have transportation but tries to always have someone at the cruise pier to help guide their tour guests to "reliable" shuttles.

Another lady wrote that the resort lobby where we were dropped off for the tour last August is now closed and they are telling people to meet at the Harley-Davidson store instead.

Archived