Carnival's New Price Drop Form

dst

My cruise price dropped again this week so I contacted my PVP, who is on vacation for 2 weeks. He always handled our price drop adjustments in the past. His backup told me they no longer do that, and that you have to fill out that form and submit it on-line, then the supervisors take care of it. So I submitted the form on-line and when I heard nothing within the 2 business days they reference on the website, I asked about it and was told to allow more time because they have been backed up with all the swine flu changes. Just FYI...

I was told the same thing, then when I said something to my PVP who I have used for years, he said I'll go ahead and do it. I think its a new policy but it will take a bit to get everyone on board.......Over the years the PVP's are really doing less and less to assist us after the cruise is booked. I think its an internal way for Carnival to keep a better handle on things

Sorry if its been said before, but how long after you fill out the price drop form does it take to hear from Carnival. I filled out one last week?

I was told if you don't hear anything by 48 hours to call in. If you booked with a PVP you have to call them, the toll free # can't help you. If you booked online or the free # they can pull it up and adjust it for you after consulting with the supervisor.

I just went and made sure I didn't get an adjustment and my PVP just didn't call to follow up like he said he would. No adjustment, this makes 4 price drops I haven't received and it just dropped again.

I submitted a new form for the now even lower price along with a vent in the information field. Maybe this will help LOL

I have submitted several price drop forms and for some reason they are not being honored or even responded to since our first one that was honored right on time.

I have verified with my PVP that we are eligible for this Missouri resident rate reduction, we live in Missouri.

Our booking # is XXXXX. We are currently booked on Fantasy in cabin #XXXX, this is an OV 6E, for $609 per person. The current Missouri resident rate for that same cabin category is $509 per person.

Please adjust our rate to this new lower rate since we are booked early saver and qualify for the discounted rate.

Thank you,

Sorry if its been said before, but how long after you fill out the price drop form does it take to hear from Carnival. I filled out one last week?

As poobears stated you should hear within 48 hours, I would call

Filled out a new form this morning for a now $30 pp drop. Waiting to see what happens. Also called Carnival and the lady I spoke to said she would email the department that is now handling the ES drops. Sounds like they have a new department that is handling drops.

If you go to Carnival.com and log-in. Then put in your booking number, if you haven't already.

Once you have your booking showing up - on the left hand side at the bottom is a line that says manage bookings - if you click on that - another line comes up - modify booking. If you scoll to the bottom, it should show you a breakdown of the amount of your cruise.

Thanks for the walk through anjoliza, worked perfect. Unfortunately because my itinerary was transferred the total doesn't reflect what I originally paid, I wish my cruise was only $200! Oh well, I was still able to find the total w/ past confirmation emails.

Thanks again.

I booked with a PVP but I am taking care of the price drops on my own using the form - 3X so far. Wait for fare decrease has been no longer than 3 days. Easiest $$$ I have ever saved!!!

Jean in MO

• 1 year later...

I have a price drop question. If your booking is NOT an Early Saver, is there any way to get the price drop?? I submitted the form and it was denied. The current deal is less money for a better cabin. I'm ticked. :mad:

I have a message in for my PVP (I am a repeat customer and have given her other bookings from friends) Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a price drop question. If your booking is NOT an Early Saver, is there any way to get the price drop?? I submitted the form and it was denied. The current deal is less money for a better cabin. I'm ticked. :mad:

I have a message in for my PVP (I am a repeat customer and have given her other bookings from friends) Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you past final payment deadline?

Why are you ticked? I can understand being disappointed, but not ticked. You knew the deal when you booked, didin't you? Just curious. I booked past guest until I could firm up the dates, so I could make any changes without penalty? Then when I was sure of everything, changed over to early saver before final payment. The whole process, I knew all the terms of the bookings options.

Archived