Info on the QM2 Children's meal service please

Brit abroad

Has anyone used the children's evening meal service and have knowledge of any of the following information?

What time does it kick off?

Where is it held?

Do you have to book?

How many attend?

What is the menu like?

Do you have to supervise the meal time (my son is 10)

What age children is this service typically aimed at?

Many thanks in anticipation of any helpful info:)

We have travelled with our granddaughter on 4 trips; she is now 4 1/2years old and only eaten once in the Chefs Galley where the children's meals are served around 5.00pm, and noticed mostly very small children there. This was QM2 and not in school holidays so not many children and the menu fairly limited but loads of fresh fruit on offer. There is always the Kings Court if your son wants to eat early and then join friends, which may be a prefered option for a boy of his age.

However I am sure your 10 year old would enjoy the main restaurant and be very well received, where there is an alternative menu if required. I must add that the staff really appreciate well behaved children and certainly enjoy their company in the evenings. Our granddaughter was then happy to go to the Kids Zone for Movie Night but I am sure other things are on offer in that area for older children.

All you have to do now is by him a bow tie for formal nights and enjoy your family meals in elegant surroundings. What a pleasant thing to look forward to!

Enjoy your trip.

Thank you LadyL1

We crossed 2 years ago when he was only 8 & loved having him dine with us in the Britannia, especially as he was made to feel so welcome. As you say, the waiters were smashing and went out of their way to make sure he got exactly what he wanted. Think they really appreciated that he was a well behaved lad, smartly dressed and with a big smile!:)

However, sometimes after a full on day, he found the process a bit lengthy and so I wondered about alternative dining options for when & if he was running out of steam.

We will play it by ear

Thanks Pumpkin,

We are confident that Harry will get great food & a warm welcome in the Britannia, its more that we want an option for him to dine earlier and with friends if he wants to and then perhaps be free to join the kids club activities if there was something that took his fancy while we are dining.:)

As he is 10 , I would say let him eat with you in the main restuarant, we had a 6 year old once on our table and he was amazing, had the as well had and joined in the conversation, I swear he was really 26 lol.

The waiters all went out of there way to give his choice, made sure it was a smaller portion and on hand to cut anything, he managed so well, his parents didnt interfer with the waiters either, they let be very adult, it was a JOY to be on a table with him.

Archived