What's the earliest flight you've made out of SJU?

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'm trying to figure out air from TN to SJU and back. I hate hanging out at the airport for hours on end. DH REALLY hates standing in long lines.

Maybe if we fly in the day of our cruise, since it isn't departing until 8 PM, we can justify the expense of a post-cruise hotel stay in San Juan.

We usually fly into a port the day before the cruise, but since this one leaves so late, I'm thinking we could fly in the same day as departure.

I hope I can fnd the smoothest, easiest, least expensive way to do all of this. No one wants to be stressed out and crabby on their vacation!:D

I too, am trying to figure all this out for my deaf son, who will be traveling alone. He is also dyslexic, so reading and writing and comprehension are low.

He will be disembarking the Victory on Nov.1st, which is a Sunday, and going to San Diego. There a so few flights, so I think the 4:30 one may be best.

I hate to have him waiting for so long , but that's the breaks ! No cheap airfare for us. :)

Pat

I had an 11 am flight and had no problems catching my flight. I used luggage valet and my luggage was lost [turned up 9 days later]. I don't know if it was the airline's fault or the luggage valets fault. My sister's luggage was also temporarily lost.

From now on I check my own luggage and I watch and make sure that it is labelled correctly with the correct flight info.

We had a 4PM flight after our cruise. We had heard horror stories about the SJU airport, so scheduled a late departure on Sunday after our cruise.

This was our first debarkation as Platinum C&A, and we were off the Adventure at 8:00 and at the airport at 8:30 AM. We used the luggage valet ( LOVE IT!) and, since we had our boarding passes, breezed thru security and right to the gate by 9 AM.

That made for a LOOOOONG day. We sat around the airport until out flight left, and did not get home until about 11:30 PM.

My advice: book an earlier flight and use the luggage valet. Bypassing check-in at the airport is critical.

Archived