What's the best Spa Treatment you've had on a cruise?

PlanoDebbie

I have decided that on our upcoming cruise on the Conquest that I want to treat myself to a massage or some other soothing treatment in the Spa rather than going on a shore excursion.

What's the best Spa Treatment you've ever had? If all treatments were FREE, which ones would you sign up for and why?

If I had enough money, I'd be signing up for something different every day of the week!

Last year there was an in port special where you could choose 3 treatments for $99. It was a FANTASTIC deal. I got a facial, ginger lime body scrub, and massage. The massage was AMAZING!!! I would have one everyday if I could afford it :D

I probably would not do the facial again because my forehead became wayyyy too shiny and I have the pictures from the rest of the cruise to prove it lol

I have decided that on our upcoming cruise on the Conquest that I want to treat myself to a massage or some other soothing treatment in the Spa rather than going on a shore excursion.

What's the best Spa Treatment you've ever had? If all treatments were FREE, which ones would you sign up for and why?

If I had enough money, I'd be signing up for something different every day of the week!

Since 1999 I've been on at least one cruise a year. So far I've been on eleven cruises. Would you believe I have never once had a Spa Treatment?

I just cruised in April and I had a port day special. $119 for Ankle and foot massage, scalp massage, back massage, and facial. It was nice. Although the stuff they put on my face for the facial kinda burned, but I guess it is suppose to do that. Relaxed me enough for a nice 2 hour nap after lunch.

After 5 cruises, I finally decided to treat myself to a massage while onboard the Miracle (3/13/09). I selected the 50-minute Hot Stone Massage ($165.00) which was fabulous..........but..............I wish I would have waited for the end of the cruise when they were offering many specials, such as the 3 (20 minutes ea) for $99.00.

Karen

I just got off the Freedom a few weeks ago. I took adavantage of their $99 (choose any 3) special.

I got the ankle/foot massage, hot stone massage & back massage. It was great.

Joanne

I just got off the Glory and had the Swedish Massage for 119.00 plus additional $ for tip. I like just having a full body massage without all the other scrub stuff. I don't like having to get up and wash off. Too stressful for me. It was wonderful. 50 minutes of pure heaven. Wish I could afford to get massages more often when I'm home :(

For free, my favorite is the hot stone massage. I've only had one because I had a discount coupon; otherwise they're too pricey for me. The best deal price-wise are the $99 port day specials. I do at least one each cruise.

My $250 "couple's" massage with my friend, which we got for $75, LOL. We had called and asked to be booked for the cheapest massage they had, which was "Traveller's Tension" for $75, but asked to have them done together. Well...we get disrobed, on the table, the women start doing their thing (which we didn't know wasn't what we booked for, as we didn't know what the "Traveller's Tension" package included). It wasn't until we were getting dressed and the salon attendant came in and said, "that will be 250" and my friend was like, "DOLLARS?!", and then we explained the situation, they checked their books, confirmed it was their mistake, and charged us $75 each. :)

It was heavenly, but the hard sell for the $150 lavender-scented pillow spray and such is freaking annoying.

I am very interested in this one! Can anyone tell me when it is offered on the 5 days? Is it a port special or and end of cruise special? Or is it anytime?

I did a 7-day, and it was towards the end of the week. Keep a look out for it, or you could even call them.

Joanne

I love the oxyderm facial. I usually have a pedicure and Sept 07 I had a facial and oooh my face was happy after that. I've also had the scalp/neck massage and that is nice too. Typcially if I go for one treatment it is a pedicure--got to treat my feet!!!

I'll be on the Splendor in September and plan on doing the oxyderm facial, pedicure, scalp/neck massage, and I'm thinking of one of the mud treatments.....

JXR--how was the second week of the B2B

It was heavenly, but the hard sell for the $150 lavender-scented pillow spray and such is freaking annoying.

yes, I hate it that they give you the whole sales pitch -- I need to find a polite way to avoid them even going into it...anybody have any tried and true methods for that?

I guess the fact that they dont actually get a wage in the Spa and their earnings are all comission on what they sell means that it's a big part of their job.If they don't sell they don't get any money! I know what you mean about the pitch tho but if you just tell them politely that you actually arent interested in buying any products, you only want the treatment they would know beforehand.

It is lovely tho to enjoy a relaxing massage on the cruise.....even better when it is discounted!!!

I guess the fact that they dont actually get a wage in the Spa and their earnings are all comission on what they sell means that it's a big part of their job.If they don't sell they don't get any money! I know what you mean about the pitch tho but if you just tell them politely that you actually arent interested in buying any products, you only want the treatment they would know beforehand.

It is lovely tho to enjoy a relaxing massage on the cruise.....even better when it is discounted!!!

Are you saying they don't make ANYTHING unless you buy extra products? They make zero wages and no commission on the services you've already purchased? That can't be real. :eek:

No sorry...a little misleading, they make comission also on services, yes, but they don't get a basic wage. They need to sell products to make up a wage and also its part of the job with the company...selling. Long hours for little pay, but I guess they choose to do it.....They must feel the reward is seeing the different places the ship visits and I suppose if youre young travelling is the done thing. Working 12 to 14 hrs a day would not suit me tho!!!

I would like to book a spa treatment for my wife on our cruise.... Can somebody give me a list of things they can remember are on the "pick three" list... ie can you get 2 different massages and a facial, or manicures/pedicures... which types of massages are offered.

Thanks

No sorry...a little misleading, they make comission also on services, yes, but they don't get a basic wage. They need to sell products to make up a wage and also its part of the job with the company...selling. Long hours for little pay, but I guess they choose to do it.....They must feel the reward is seeing the different places the ship visits and I suppose if youre young travelling is the done thing. Working 12 to 14 hrs a day would not suit me tho!!!

Thanks for clarifying. I've never gone to the spa before, but I know if I did that I wouldn't want to buy anything extra. But I would never decide to go there if the people who treated me so wonderfully didn't make anything for their service and their time devoted to me. :)

I just got off the Glory where I had the stone massage.

Carnival Sea Miles credit card representatives were offering a 30% discount off of several different spa services. I already had the card so they gave me the discount even though that wasn't actually the promotion they were offering.

I booked the 50 minute stone massage with 30% off. I actually received a 75 minute with 40% off for a total of $115.00 plus tip. It was heavenly. I had chosen the stone because the previous cruise I tried the three services for $89. and had a stone massage, regular massage, and foot and ankle massage. The stone massage was by far the most relaxing.

I always look forward to spa treatments.Choose wisley and wait for the specials. My favorite is the choose 3 for 99.00. I pick the neck,hot stones ,and foot and ankle massage. I dont really care for the wraps.Alot of money to just be wraped up ,and left alone to relax.

I did the deep tissue massage on my last trip and it was excellent. Then I went back two days later and had their seaweed wrap. I LOVED IT!!! They massage your head and shoulders, then your feet while you are floating in this tub. Your whole body is so relaxed because there is no strain on any of your muscles because you are floating. Then afterwards, you shower and lay down for a body massage. I recommend this to anyone.

I had this on the liberty two weeks ago. I usually do not like massages from women because they are not strong enough to give me my massages, but she did a really great job on both of them.

Archived