What's the best Spa Treatment you've had on a cruise?

PlanoDebbie

I would like to try the body wrap where you are 'supposed' to lose inches in just 1 session. What do you think, is this possible, or is it one of those sounds to good to be true?? :)

So, if I did the body wrap every day of my 7 day cruise, would I be down to a size 2 by the end of the week? It would sooooo be worth it! :eek::eek::eek:

yes, I hate it that they give you the whole sales pitch -- I need to find a polite way to avoid them even going into it...anybody have any tried and true methods for that?

I always make conversation before they start and before they start their suggestive selling, I politely say, it's nice to come in for a massage and enjoy pampering myself by splurging without being pressured to buy this or buy that like the places do at home. Then I mention that being pestered to buy stuff at home is the reason I don't treat myself at home. Works every time.;) But I do make sure they are tipped well when it's over. :)

If you do not purchase any of the items they suggest, what would be a good tip amount to reward them for their hard work. % of the massage of a flat $ amount ??

leedm

yes, I hate it that they give you the whole sales pitch -- I need to find a polite way to avoid them even going into it...anybody have any tried and true methods for that?

I've had three massages and they were all on a carnival ship. Well...each time of course they bug you to buy their stuff. I fell for it the first time and my DH returned what I purchased because I was too chicken to go back. The second time I politely said no prior to her going through the whole thing. And much to my surprise Stacy from Australia didn't try and sell me anything last week. She was the best!

If you do not purchase any of the items they suggest, what would be a good tip amount to reward them for their hard work. % of the massage of a flat $ amount ??

leedm

I tip around 20%. Both my services were 119 and I gave 25 dollars in cash each time. Just for the record, on the liberty, I was not asked to purchase anything after my treatments.

Archived