Anniversary advice?

ustal

DH and I got married (legal) on Nov. 14th, and had our wedding (party) on Nov. 15th.

We're going to be on the Summit on Nov. 14th this year, and we want to celebrate with dinner in Normandie. But I can't decide whether we should skip meeting our table mates on the first night, or skip seeing everyone all prettied up on the (presumably) formal second night. What would you do? Will the second night still be the formal night, if it's also the sailaway? (Summit is docked in Venice on the first night)

Also, does it make any difference what we tell Celebrity is our anniversary? There's something in the docs asking about special occasions, but if you don't pony up for the package, do they do anything at all?

Thanks so much for any advice!

DH and I got married (legal) on Nov. 14th, and had our wedding (party) on Nov. 15th.

We're going to be on the Summit on Nov. 14th this year, and we want to celebrate with dinner in Normandie. But I can't decide whether we should skip meeting our table mates on the first night, or skip seeing everyone all prettied up on the (presumably) formal second night. What would you do? Will the second night still be the formal night, if it's also the sailaway? (Summit is docked in Venice on the first night) The second night is the formal night.

Also, does it make any difference what we tell Celebrity is our anniversary? There's something in the docs asking about special occasions, but if you don't pony up for the package, do they do anything at all? They'll give you a cake on your anniversary night. If that's the first night, you might want to meet your table mates. Sometimes, though, the first night is open seating. You may not see your table mates until the second night.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise.

MY DH and I celebrated our 30th with a cruise, although not on the actual day. We were invited to a gathering of other celebrants and given a glass of champagne as I recall. There was someone from the ship there who did a "let's see who has been married the longest and who is the most recently married" sort of game.

DH and I celebrated our 20th with an Alaska cruise. Our actual anniversary was Aug. 9th, but our cruise was in July so I told him, okay, our wedding anniversary is JULY 9th this year. That's the info I gave Celebrity, etc. We received a cake at dinner that evening. Along with our table mates, who were also celebrating an anniversary.

We celebrated our 30th anniversary on a Baltic Cruise, and chose that night to pre-book Ocean Liners on Constellation. After all we had to eat, didn't they bring out a chocolate cake? And then, the next night, we got another from our waiter in the main dining room! But, the wait staff can have the rest of the cake; nice as it is, we really find that we just cannot manage hardly a bite. So, now, when we have a birthday on board, I let Celebrity know so we can get the cake, and then I just give it to the waiter to do enjoy it.

I'm new to cruising, so shortly after we booked, when I mentioned to one of Celebritiy's customer service people that we were cruising for my parent's 50th, which is actually in May but we couldn't get the whole family together until school was out in June, she kindly said "I'll put that down for the first formal night, they will do an announcement." It was very nice of her to help me out, I think the first formal night will be perfect, now that I've had time to think of it.

I'll probably send them flowers. I'd look into room decorations but my parents would surely get annoyed with me. ;)

We're going to be on the Summit on Nov. 14th this year, and we want to celebrate with dinner in Normandie. But I can't decide whether we should skip meeting our table mates on the first night, or skip seeing everyone all prettied up on the (presumably) formal second night. What would you do? Will the second night still be the formal night, if it's also the sailaway? (Summit is docked in Venice on the first night)

Also, does it make any difference what we tell Celebrity is our anniversary? There's something in the docs asking about special occasions, but if you don't pony up for the package, do they do anything at all?

We did aVenice to Barcelona Celebrity cruise in 2007 where the ship overnighted in Venice. The first night (the overnight in Venice) was open seating for dinner as not everyone stays on the ship during dinner. And I don't think the second night (sailaway from Venice) was the formal night either. Everyone was up watching the sailaway - something not to be missed - and I don't remember rushing down to the cabin to change (it takes me longer to get ready for a formal night and I certainly wouldn't have sat for hours in a formal attire to watch the sailaway).

Unfortunately, I am on vacation now but can check my dailies when I get home.

Archived