recycling clothing among cc members

Meg,

I have not received any email from you? Maybe you could double check the email address.

Debbie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had a typo. Resent

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lucy what cruise line will you be on?

On Royal I've noticed they are more lax on dresscode for woman. Dont miss out on the dining room where casual clothes for casual nights, for smart casual anything but denim with heels and formal it always seems to be a wide range of dresses. Worst case where a darker casual dress and accessorize with cheap but dressy shoes and jewelry.

I kid you not on my last cruise on formal night a lady (large busted) wore a wife beater tank stained with no bra and a short denim skirt.

I kid you not on my last cruise on formal night a lady (large busted) wore a wife beater tank stained with no bra and a short denim skirt.

She needs to come on here and have us recycle some nice clothes her way!:D

She needs to come on here and have us recycle some nice clothes her way!:D

No doubt! I was shocked, after seeing that I don't worry about formal like I did

Hello,

Here's the dress I posted about last night. It's a size 20 - worn only once and is very pretty and sparkly, but not overkill.

Lucy - maybe this would work for Kym? My daughter wore it with a sheer wrap and it was very nice.

1371fc6e-b410-4f0e-a7ab-df71fbc117e5_zps602a2669.jpg

Thanks!

Suz

Hi Suz ....

If Lucy does not want the dress, I would be happy to take it off your hands :-) Let me know if it is still available :-)

Have a great night and take care

Cathie :)

I rarely post shirts and pants. I do have lot of dress tops and pants. Tops mostly medium and pants size 4. Some of them I worn one time or two and some are still new. I will post them later.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

Marie

Hi Marie

I hope your foot surgery went well and the next 3mths in the cast goes quickly for you !!

Take care and God Bless

Cathie :)

I hope this works for Kym!!

Me too! She has been through so much with her son since he was born. She was so excited for his first birthday, only to have him pass away the next day. She has been sitting in her house with all of his unopened birthday presents and I think getting away for a while will do her some good. This will give her the opportunity to pamper herself, and forget if even only for a minute. I thank you ladies so much!

On Royal I've noticed they are more lax on dresscode for woman. Dont miss out on the dining room where casual clothes for casual nights, for smart casual anything but denim with heels and formal it always seems to be a wide range of dresses. Worst case where a darker casual dress and accessorize with cheap but dressy shoes and jewelry.

We will be on the ecstasy on the 23rd of Sept. I want them to have the opportunity to dress up, I don't think either one of them has dressed formally before. Neither one even owns a pair of dress pants!

Me too! She has been through so much with her son since he was born. She was so excited for his first birthday, only to have him pass away the next day. She has been sitting in her house with all of his unopened birthday presents and I think getting away for a while will do her some good. This will give her the opportunity to pamper herself, and forget if even only for a minute. I thank you ladies so much!

Lucy, what a wonderful gesture by you! Her experience puts a lot of our own problems in perspective. Blessings to you girls!

Hope you all have a great cruise.

lol, and I thought a couple on one of our last cruises showing up on formal night in there robes were bad, but then again I wonder what was under the robes!!

I have booked a cruise with my god daughter, who lost her son a day after his first birthday in June just to get away. Then she said she wanted her sister to go too. So now I have 2 girls going. I have offered them to pick out clothes out of my closet, but they are 23 and 26 and have decided that my clothes are " old lady clothes". :rolleyes: does anyone have anything nice that they would be willing to part with cheaply? I have paid for the cruise and will probably be covering all other expenses including an excursion, if I can squeeze one out and am running on empty. I would like them to have a good trip as I don't know that they will ever get this opportunity again. Thank you. Oh they wear 18/20 for Kym (23) and 22/24 for Roxanne (26).

My email is lucyinthesky111l@yahoo.com

What a wonderful God Mother you are! I wish I had something for them.

Good morning ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone. Thank you for all the get well wishes. I am doing better and better each day.

My husband is going to the post office to mail some packages for me.

Kathi, I am sorry for the delayed; it will be on the way today.

Sharon, please let me know when you are back from the cruise so I can mail your shoes. I am not sure if you do have someone pick up your mail or not; did not want to leave it at the front door.

I bought this pair of shoes for the Belmont. They are very cute; however the heels are a bit narrow for my feet. Since my husband is going to the post office he can send them today too.

These are size 8 1/2

9299008403_a99cb98dec.jpg

The shoes are gone.

I am not going to post anymore items until I am able to walk. However, if any of you do have a cruise coming SOON; I would be happy to look in my closets to see if I can find something for you.

Have a fantastic day ladies :).

M

Hi Marie, So glad to hear your doing well & hoping that your foot is healing like you want it to. :)

I was wondering if you still had the "Emerald Green" gown you wore for St. Paddy's Day on one of your cruises? I would be interested in that, if your going to give it up. I'm hoping to do another cruise over St. Paddy's Day nx. year, so I thought it would be perfect. No problem if it's not available & of course, no rush. Our nx cruise in at the end of Nov. so not sure if you'll have anything before then. You are so kind to offer your beautiful dresses to everyone, along with shoes & bags. :D

Take care & keep us posted on your recovery. :)

The shoes are gone.

I am not going to post anymore items until I am able to walk. However, if any of you do have a cruise coming SOON; I would be happy to look in my closets to see if I can find something for you.

Have a fantastic day ladies :).

M

Hi Marie

I just wanted to say that I have not seen such generosity in a person in a long long time ....

I was trying to think of words to describe your generosity but words failed me but I hope the following quotes convey that I truly think you are a wonder :)

"" Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people ... ""

“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St Francis of Assisi

"Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns" . ~Author Unknown

---------------------------

Hope your foot heal soon !!

Take care and God Bless

Cathie

:)

Hi Marie

I just wanted to say that I have not seen such generosity in a person in a long long time ....

I was trying to think of words to describe your generosity but words failed me but I hope the following quotes convey that I truly think you are a wonder :)

"" Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people ... ""

“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St Francis of Assisi

"Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns" . ~Author Unknown

---------------------------

Hope your foot heal soon !!

Take care and God Bless

Cathie

:)

WOW!! I couldn't have said it better Cathi.

Marie, You are one of the most generous people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I hope you are feeling better and you are healing fast.

Have a great day.

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

I belong to a small email list on Yahoo Groups, just a few friends who use it as a good place to keep in touch. When I wanted to share my gorgeous new blue gown from Marie with them, I realized I had to explain where and how I received it. It's not easy to get this across! I titled my post "The Kindness of Strangers" but certainly I feel that it was more "The Kindness of Friends!"

On my next cruise, when I wear my blue gown, my black and red sundress, my gold formal night sandals, when I see my mom in her blue gown, when I carry my black bag off the ship, and more, the memories and warm feelings are going to add so much to the cruise experience. I will feel as though I have all of you along with me!

Thank you all for being my cyber-friends and know I treasure you, each and every one.